Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

EugeneJ posted:

Just make a society like Aeon Flux and have guns stationed on the border that auto-kill anything that tries to pass

So I can get shot in the back and have some bony guy show up and fingerblast my spine-hole? No thanks Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Mange Mite posted:

Except so fsr it has been effective, and has funneled illegal migrants into crossing a deadly desert wasteland, increasing the cost and risks of illegal entry

But where does that put us, on a moral scale, letting whole families die because they broke the law (in the hopes of a better tomorrow).

It would be like if those rfid scanners at the grocery store exit dropped you into a hatch where you starve to death, instead of just beeping.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Mange Mite posted:

Actually us border patrol runs intensive sweeps looking for people in distress or need of aid. They've saved thousands of people who were abandoned by their hhuman traffickers and lrft to die. The funnel effect of the walls mskes it easier to keep those areas under surveillance, while the desert serves mostly to slow them down so it's more likely they are spotted

Oh, then that's definitely fair then, I had no idea. OK, I withdraw my complaint.

• Locked thread