Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
For years I believed that the only walls I needed to keep out brown people are the ones holding up my roof.

Then I noticed the doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Why don't we just ask everybody in Mexico to wear those ankle bracelets like when you're under house arrest? It seems like the cheapest way to trick ourselves into thinking we've fixed this total non-problem.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Smash it Smash hit posted:

what kinda idiot thinks you can build a literal wall across a 2000 mile border what amaroon what a joke come on come on come on

Oh it can be done. The big question is what kinda of idiot thinks that doing it will actually fix any of the weird irrational fears they snuggle up with at night.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Mange Mite posted:

As a result of the effect of the barrier, there has been a marked increase in the number of people trying to illegally cross the Sonoran Desert and crossing over the Baboquivari Mountain in Arizona.

That's an awkward way of saying that the current systems works pretty well, and now they're stopping more people from crossing than they used to be able to before the increase in manpower and surveillance over the last decade.

Mange Mite posted:

Illegal immigration depressing working-class wages by oversupplying the labor market? Seems like a pretty rational concern

That's true. It's really put the kibosh on my dreams of becoming a migrant orange picker.

Quick...now pretend that they can get food stamps and welfare without proof of citizenship. I'll never see that argument coming!

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 9, 2016

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Mange Mite posted:

The current system of building a giant 640 mile long wall covered with sensors and cameras you mean? Yes and if rhey expanded the wall it would probably work even better

Oh yeaaaah. Cause you know, Mexicans can't look up. Also they're too lazy to dig, and they haven't discovered ladder technology. God help us if they ever put together a wall research program.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Mange Mite posted:

Yeah but this is a way to recruit people since apparently mexicans would rather risk certain death by walking through 50 miles of barren desert

Hey. Indentured servitude really has been off the table for too drat long.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Mange Mite posted:

Except so fsr it has been effective,

Problem solved.

Next.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Mange Mite posted:

Hm no just draft them into the military after that. Service guarantees citizenship

Oops, I forgot. Do you think we should conscript all brown people into slavery to the state, or just Mexicans? I mean it'd be a tougher sell to just round up everybody, but it'd feel like a missed opportunity if we didn't even try right?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

SurfaceDetail posted:

They also pick up hundreds of unaccompanied minors every year.

Don't kinkshame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Isn't there anything better we can do than build a wall?

Considering that what we have is working just fine, doing nothing extra is the most sensible option.

Mange Mite posted:

If you want a $15 minimum wage we gotta build that wall and crack down om businesses that hire illegals for less than minimum wage

Then we could take the money we save on not throwing money at a problem that doesn't exist and spend it on the education system. Cause goddam, look at this.

• Locked thread