Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I get sick of just drinking water so I often bring a small empty Gatorade bottle for mixed drinks and leave my bladder for water only. I bring powdered drink mixes like Gatorade, lemonade and iced tea just to change things up. Gatorade helps a lot when you've been hiking a while and start running out of steam.

Also, Mexican hot chocolate ... instant trip booster on a chilly night or a great way to wake up in the morning for us non-coffee drinkers. It is really hard and doesn't really melt.

If tortillas weren't invented for the sole reason of backpacking in 2016 then I would be mistaken. They are perfect. They last a long time, are flat and round (accommodating the shape of a bear bin perfectly) and can be eaten with anything from peanut butter to cheese. Burritos will be on my list this year. Beans, cheese and hot sauce ... done.

I'm getting away from pre-made dehydrated meals for the most part but I have a few from past experience that I will still buy because they actually taste good and are incredibly easy to make. I don't know how mountain house makes dehydrated beef stroganoff so well but they do. Also mac and cheese is really easy and tastes good. Some of those desserts too... crazy good.

Oh yeah and packets of olive oil. Crazy amounts of calories per serving and you can put it in anything to quickly increase the calories.

But nothing will beat a snickers ice cream bar when you come across the first gas station out of the backcountry. Maybe sex but honestly post trip I would prefer the snickers.

Verman fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
When I eat apples they make me feel more hungry. It's a really weird feeling. I eat an apple and feel like my stomach is completely empty after. Google told me that there are others like me out there so I'm not alone.

Severe stomach pain is pretty bad though.

• Locked thread