Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

WTF BEES posted:

Playing on Android but there's no sound. Do I have to have the paid version for sound?

the game probably took 5 minutes to make of course theres no sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
What's comparison to agar.io as far as fun? My kids play both

Captain Video
Apr 4, 2016
I like that encountering a player who's bigger than you isn't a death sentence like it is in agar.io. Haven't tried the Android version but I can't imagine the controls not sucking rear end

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

King of Bees posted:

What's comparison to agar.io as far as fun? My kids play both

It's basically the same as agar.io except slightly different strategy involved

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

thathonkey posted:

It's basically the same as agar.io except slightly different strategy involved

Ha. I remember posting and agar.io thread when it came out and everyone was like "no thanks OP I'd never touch an .io thread, bloo bloo bloo" those were good times and I think about them often.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

King of Bees posted:

Ha. I remember posting and agar.io thread when it came out and everyone was like "no thanks OP I'd never touch an .io thread, bloo bloo bloo" those were good times and I think about them often.
Okay......

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Yeah.... 😭

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Slither doesn't seem as easy to be a jerk and team up in FFA as agar is/was (death to TwT) but the controls feel clunky and I'm not used to it yet, seems fun though, 3.8/5

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
My dick is small but that's okay because i can grind xp and make it bigger and have the biggest dick of them all, #1 Mr.Big Dick!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Is there anyways to play zork? Like some website or something? It doesn't matter gently caress that game and grues

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

its p. cool i usually play as Tom Clancys Slither Cell or sometimes Tony Hawk's Pro Slither

hth

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
right now there is an extremely sweaty man who cannot stop playing because he is number #1 and will not lose the spot unless pried from his cold dead hands

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I only get to be #1 when the field is down to about 350 and everyone is passing out.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

God loving drat this game. I've been playing for two goddamn hours now.

In as Pak Chooie Unf! because I'm unoriginal.

Risky
May 18, 2003

slitherio is so yesterday. diep.io is what the cool kids play now

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

only way slither would be better is if names were more prominent and it told you who you kill/kills you

im BIG SNAKEY

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My name when I play is "I just took a huge dump" so if you see me come say hi and let me eat you kthnx

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

only way slither would be better is if names were more prominent and it told you who you kill/kills you

im BIG SNAKEY

it'd be nice if it didn't drop frames constantly because it was programmed by some incompetent moron who wanted to make a quick buck. just turn off all those lame rear end psuedo 3d animations and effects and it'd run nice i bet.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
This game is difficult on a phone.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I'm playing as sa hisssssss and I like to chill dead center on the map. come team up with me but don't try taking me out

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

can't download from play store 0/5

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Is the map shared between every player on every device? There's gotta be more than one...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

thathonkey posted:

Is the map shared between every player on every device? There's gotta be more than one...

every tiem you die you spawn into a new server of about 500 chums

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

thathonkey posted:

yeah I wonder how it works too. There have to be different maps, but there's always a quote of the day or something too, so is that taken from the best on the one map or the best overall on all maps or something? how does it work

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Putty posted:

every tiem you die you spawn into a new server of about 500 chums

oh okay that answers some of my questions.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
doctor says i cant play agario anymore, cuz TEAMING loving NOOBS were raising my blood pressure too high

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
diep.io seems much much less like a lovely cash grab than the other two games and more like an attempt to make a sortof real game, there isnt even peramdeath anymore

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Holy gently caress that was rad.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
This is way less hard after you download the slitherio.org extention on Chrome, which lets you zoom out.

thathonkey posted:

just turn off all those lame rear end psuedo 3d animations and effects and it'd run nice i bet.
It lets you do that, too.

I'm MyMomWipesmyA554me

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Kilo147 posted:

Holy gently caress that was rad.

I'm coming for you hisss

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

rio posted:

I didn't know about it until it was mentioned yesterday in another thread. Jesus it is so satisfying loving up people's snakes when they try to cut me off, or to wrap around a wrap. I'm playing as EAT ME if you see me feel free to try to eat me. I think I am playing too aggressive because I can't break 15k.

Thanks for the recommendation OP.

Yeah, I found that being less aggressive helped. I just cruised around, avoided fights with really big snakes (but happily ate their guts if someone else killed them), and then if any little snakes got aggressive with me I coiled up around them and ate them. I'm not actually very good at killing other people except when I'm really big and they're pretty small, except when I'm tiny sometimes I'll just surprise a huge snake which thinks I'm cruising along chilling and suddenly I cut him off and boom, guts everywhere and I go from 50 long to 1000 in a few seconds.

How do you change your skin? Do you need the app for that?

Phyzzle posted:

This is way less hard after you download the slitherio.org extention on Chrome, which lets you zoom out.
I'm MyMomWipesmyA554me

I'm just going to log in to slither.io and report this to the admins.

No seriously I wish there was chat so I could be like "sorry little worm you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time".

Or more often "OH poo poo".

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The game is easier if you cheat.

edit: it is cheating if you have more than a 480x320 viewport.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

The Sphinxster posted:

The game is easier if you cheat.

edit: it is cheating if you have more than a 480x320 viewport.

how do you expand the viewport

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Buttcoin purse posted:

How do you change your skin? Do you need the app for that?

There is a giant button on the bottom of the screen that says something like "Share this to unlock more skins" and you have to share the game on Facebook or Twitter (only have to do it once though and it remembers).

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Putty posted:

how do you expand the viewport

Phyzzle just said there is a chrome extension. I haven't tried it.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i like the little bot snakes advertising slitherio hacks that you can easily trap and get free food

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There is a giant button on the bottom of the screen that says something like "Share this to unlock more skins" and you have to share the game on Facebook or Twitter (only have to do it once though and it remembers).

Oh thanks, I stopped reading after "Share on social media". Should have known there would be an incentive.

If I share it on Facebook my wife might start playing. Only way she's likely to eat my snake if you know what I mean.

What if she doesn't eat my snake but eats someone else's snake right in front of me? :ohdear:

Putty posted:

i like the little bot snakes advertising slitherio hacks that you can easily trap and get free food

Yeah I like them. Some of them actually seem to have human control. As many as I killed, I never actually got the URL they were spamming :xd:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Buttcoin purse posted:

Oh thanks, I stopped reading after "Share on social media". Should have known there would be an incentive.

If I share it on Facebook my wife might start playing. Only way she's likely to eat my snake if you know what I mean.

It takes like 2 minutes to create an account on twitter that you never need to use again :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i feel like the green snakes with the :D faces go faster than the other ones :/

• Locked thread