Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaquin
May 12, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

windows 10? more like windows 101. you need a frikken doctorate in widowsology to figure this one out :rolleyes:

drat wild haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
windows 10? more like windows "ben". even ben folds five thinks this upgrade is for the birds :rolleyes:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
windows 10? more like windows "wren". these little birdies arent going to take this upgrade lightly! :rolleyes:

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Hey let's give our operating system the ability to restart and update at any time without warning. And let's make it install itself onto people's machines despite them never agreeing to it.-A loving Retard Idiot

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Thank you for this informative thread OP. I'm sure many people here in GBS will take advantage of the retarded savings

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Are you pullin my fuckin plonker?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
windows 10? more like windows Ben!

windows Ben 10

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
windows WHEN more like

WHEN will it be good?

never, is the answer!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Hey let's give our operating system the ability to restart and update at any time without warning. And let's make it install itself onto people's machines despite them never agreeing to it.-A loving Retard Idiot

there are ways to fix both of these problems, but they're not obvious and would require pretty much anyone not intimately familiar with windows to google the solution, and ergo, is complete dogshit

wanted to air that before some Redmond stockholm syndrome victim jumped into say "AHA these problems can be fixed therefore not a problem!!!1 :smug:"

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Moola posted:

windows WHEN more like

WHEN will it be good?

never, is the answer!

:eyepop:

Moola hitting them all out of the park this morning. Did not expect such hard hitting comedy today.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Moola posted:

windows WHEN more like

WHEN will it be good?

never, is the answer!

you stole this post from my racist aunt

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
windows HEN

because like a Hen, Microsoft has laid this poo poo of an OS

!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
windows MEN

because its

gay !

!

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I really don't get the hate with Windows 10. I use it personally and professionally and it's not bad.

That's my serious post for the day. Back to pouring mountain dew in my pants and shoving cheetos in my pisshole

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ben Smash posted:

I really don't get the hate with Windows 10. I use it personally and professionally and it's not bad.

That's my serious post for the day. Back to pouring mountain dew in my pants and shoving cheetos in my pisshole

whatever, dogshit :rolleyes:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
windows  10  is  not  very  good

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

dad gay. so what posted:

whatever, dogshit :rolleyes:

oh hey, it's you.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

windows  10  is  not  very  good

WTFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffff

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Hey let's open an online game store that treats PC games like apps and encrypts them so they can't be modified. Also, they don't work on certain monitors.

Hey let's add DLC and popups asking for ratings to solitaire and minesweeper. Hell, let's add it to the calculator too!

Hey, let's bump up our flagging update numbers by "accidentally" releasing an update for our older OS that causes computers with certain motherboards to stop working. Woopsie!

No Mans Land 2
May 2, 2016

by Shine
Haha beta news :smuggo:

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

No Mans Land 2 posted:

Haha beta news :smuggo:

Story of your life

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ben Smash posted:

If you use it professionally then it must be for like personal graphic design or something because:

spud posted:

Windows 10 is a piece of poo poo that is only good for retards because it does stuff like this http://betanews.com/2016/05/04/windows-10-ruins-pro-gaming-stream/

Only a retard would not be bothered by this update shite.

gently caress you Windows 10.

So Windows 10 randomly deciding to update obviously is not important for you. For anything remotely important, even for non-technical usage, the above would be unacceptable.

I've never quoted myself before, feels good man.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

spud posted:

If you use it professionally then it must be for like personal graphic design or something because:

So Windows 10 randomly deciding to update obviously is not important for you. For anything remotely important, even for non-technical usage, the above would be unacceptable.

lol yeah. Anyone that's even remotely OK with that feature is a drooling idiot.

I was wondering about my Mac the other day because I've never seen it updating. I googled how to update and loaded up the Apple store. It hasn't updated, because Apple only really updates their OS at point releases which are essentially seen as new "products". None of this "patch tuesday" bullshit.

Also another hilarious thing about the forced updates is now the government gets to mail a nice little National Security Letter targeting whoever they feel like and Microsoft has to comply and keep mum about it. Spoiler alert: this has already taken place. The combination of constant updates and forcing them onto machines means that our great government can own anyone's computer within a manner of days remotely.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I had to update to windows 7 from xp because my video games don't run on xp. I will update my windows 7 to next version when the new video games don't work on 7.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Can I play midtown Madness 2 on windows 10? Because I cannot on windows 8.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

OctoberBlues posted:

Can I play midtown Madness 2 on windows 10? Because I cannot on windows 8.

What the gently caress

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

spud posted:

I'm a very bad computer janitor and most of my Team Uses 10. My boss uses 8.1 out of sheer laziness to upgrade. :shrug: we do ok.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

spud posted:

Not to be a win fanboy here but I have never had this happen. Maybe he clicked wait 4hours or something when the update came up.

All updates that I remember has been done when shutting down

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

What the gently caress

I know it's pretty hosed up

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Indy posted:

Not to be a win fanboy here but I have never had this happen. Maybe he clicked wait 4hours or something when the update came up.

All updates that I remember has been done when shutting down

It's not simply just applying the updates, what about downloading the updates when I'm doing something super important where I don't want either bandwidth wasted or cycles used on a non-essential process.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moola posted:

windows MEN

because its

gay !

!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Windows 7 is good, Windows 10 is not as good despite being 3 higher. Really screwed up situation if you ask me.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Does Windows 10 accommodate the trans-gendered?

I am asking for a friend.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ramulack posted:

Does Windows 10 accommodate the trans-gendered?

I am asking for a friend.

No it claims to be queer but its only designed for gay cis men

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
they named the third windows 10 the xbox ONE

and it has the WRONG RAM

!

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Moola posted:

they named the third windows 10 the xbox ONE

and it has the WRONG RAM

!

haha fucken wild

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the funniest thing people bitch about win10 for is the control panel's new silly overlay. Last time I checked both 7 and 8 had dumb casual-user default views for the control panel too

and lol if you don't just hit the windows key and start typing "control" and hit enter when it figures it out after the 3rd or 4th character, I've been doing that since Win7 and it takes you straight to the big-boy control panel

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Linux mint is pretty great if you have no professional use for your computer and don't play video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

drunk asian neighbor posted:

the funniest thing people bitch about win10 for is the control panel's new silly overlay. Last time I checked both 7 and 8 had dumb casual-user default views for the control panel too

and lol if you don't just hit the windows key and start typing "control" and hit enter when it figures it out after the 3rd or 4th character, I've been doing that since Win7 and it takes you straight to the big-boy control panel

windows key + "X" in windows 10 noob :smug:

• Locked thread