Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

bringmyfishback posted:

Zaurg, I dunno if you're coming back to the thread, but you can use this quote regarding official FLDOE policy as evidence as to why your daughter should change schools:

As a general rule, a reasonable time expectation for homework is approximately ten times a student’s grade level in minutes (for example, a first grader would spend 10 minutes, a sixth grader 60 minutes).

McCune, Sandra Luna; Alexander, Vi Cain. CliffsNotes FTCE Professional Education Test 3rd Edition (p. 116). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Kindle Edition.

This is literally what I had to study for my teaching cert exam in the state of Florida.

Good luck!

Thanks.

Average per night was about 2-3 worksheets. Every week there are 4-5 tests so nightly studying for those. A good hour spent per night but the main problem has always been that from 6PM-8PM (homework, dinner, bath, bed routine) she is pretty wiped out mentally from the day so a simple math worksheet takes 30 mins whereas she would knock it out in 5 mins when freshly rested. So sometimes I would just cut it short at night and wake her up early and that worked better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

zaurg posted:

Thanks.

Average per night was about 2-3 worksheets. Every week there are 4-5 tests so nightly studying for those. A good hour spent per night but the main problem has always been that from 6PM-8PM (homework, dinner, bath, bed routine) she is pretty wiped out mentally from the day so a simple math worksheet takes 30 mins whereas she would knock it out in 5 mins when freshly rested. So sometimes I would just cut it short at night and wake her up early and that worked better.

This is wise. I have a five year old and he's worn out from preschool, so hopefully he won't have homework in kindergarten (!!!) Also I am glad you divorced your terrible wife. Congratulations on righting that wrong.

FLY FREE, ZAURG

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

zaurg posted:

Thanks.

Jesus. Yeah, that's too much. That's more than I give my high school students. :ohdear:

Now tell us what happened with your ex-wife's job!

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

zaurg posted:

Thanks.

How old is the kid? My 11 year old 5th grader had about 10 hours of homework the entire year, and spent maybe another 10 hours studying for tests. When she was in 4th grade she actually had more homework, I would estimate 1 hour per week of homework and 1 hour of studying.

For reference, the town I live in is home to a highly regarded teaching university and there is no shortage of highly qualified applicants in the public school system.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Any updates Zaurg?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

dreesemonkey posted:

Any updates Zaurg?

I'm curious too.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Congrats on fixing your situation!!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

Congrats on fixing your situation!!

Murder murder suicide?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Welcome back zaurg my old friend! I've missed you :h:

I'm glad to hear zwife is minimised and you seem to be taking more control of your life. She was toxic to you and your ability to display any sort of testicular fortitude.

April
Jul 3, 2006

Nam Taf posted:

Welcome back zaurg my old friend! I've missed you :h:

I'm glad to hear zwife is minimised and you seem to be taking more control of your life. She was toxic to you and your ability to display any sort of testicular fortitude.

I'd say that zaurg's silence recently means that he's back with her, and we can expect another pregnancy announcement any day.

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
All is good I just don't have much of an update. Everything is pretty great.

Ex did lose her job and has found a new one thankfully.

RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for
:sparkles: :sparkles:

zaurg posted:

All is good I just don't have much of an update. Everything is pretty great.

Ex did lose her job and has found a new one thankfully.

Did you talk to her about transitioning your kid out of private school?

The Banana Pee
Feb 16, 2007

Bana - not long enough. Bananana - dammit!
Holy poo poo, I'm actually posting in an active Zaurg thread! I didn't start reading the previous threads until after they were closed, so you always seemed legendary or mythical to me, an SA Forums celebrity. I know I sound dumb, but seriously, Zaurg, your story inspired me to get my own finances under control, leave my abusive ex, and improve my skillset to start on a decent career. As much as I laughed at everyone making GBS threads all over you in the previous threads I have to say I'm extremely happy to see you finally winning at life. You're a good man, Zaurgy Brown.

That said, I really want to see Kobayashi get in on this thread and tear you a new one over something small you said. Those were always the best moments.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
"Active" being relative, as it hasn't been posted in for about three months. (Excluding you and myself)

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Oh hey new posts in the Zaurg thread!

*looks for murder, murder, suicide news articles from the past month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Whoa.

How did I miss this thread?

I don't really have anything to add other than, holy poo poo, I'm really, really loving happy for you, man. Congratulations.

• Locked thread