Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Lady Galaga posted:

Have you even tried the Vive yet? VR is very easy to dismiss but even spending like $500 on a new S7 edge and Gear VR I could see the tech is pretty much here. Next generation is gonna be insane but I would still dump some cash into this generation if by this time next year there isn't a better alternative on the horizon. Google is leading the way for the next generation of smartphones to be VR capable to the mainstream.

Yeah the hardware is here already, next generation will be better but it's already good enough.
The software side of things is where it's lagging. I think it will be some sort of social VR app, or a collection of them, that will popularise headsets. imagine if instead of posting we could just BE in a room together shouting and arguing at each other about VR and throwing poo poo around with occasional games of darts. Or they put up those newfangled gopro 3D mega-cameras all over music concerts and instead of actually being there you can be there in virtual reality

Then they integrate AR and the people in the real world wear glasses so they can see the VR people walking around and interact with them

That's when you know that OP was wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread