Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

objects in mirror posted:

Has VR even really delivered anything? Why?

"Tell me, Dr. Freeman Mr. VR, if you can: you have destroyed so much — what is it exactly that you have created? Can you name even one thing?... I thought not."

I think the approach of being interested in VR is about as valid as being interested in CPUs. They're means to an end, in this case it's immersion. There's still a lot of work left to be done (graphics resolution, size and weight of the equipment, general clunkiness), sure. But who cares, just wait a few years if you don't like the current offerings. No point in dismissing the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

That might be true but we're talking about the tech that's around right now.

And that's totally clear from a thread title that talks about VR in general instead of current VR.

I'd actually say that VR in general can't be overhyped, but that we're all still waiting for that first product that makes it really affordable and great for >90% of all people.

• Locked thread