Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

BadLlama posted:

hes supposed to be a flanker and so like a glass cannon and yet everytime in a 1v1 him generally stomps my DPS. His guns like 4 shot my frontline characters I dunno. I do not know enough about the game but generally when ever there is a lex in game they dominate the entire match.

He used to have an absolutely dogshit RoF, but then they fixed it, and didn't really scale down his damage to compensate.

Switch gyro controls are great, but I don't have the champion pass on it, which sucks. I also don't get why they don't have a cross-buy scheme so that it I buy the character pass, it's unlocked across everything, and not just one system (I know the answer is :10bux:)

Also went back and played on the PS4, and it seems my champion pass no longer works there either, so characters I've had access to, like Vivian and Furia, are locked, loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Anora posted:

He used to have an absolutely dogshit RoF, but then they fixed it, and didn't really scale down his damage to compensate.

Switch gyro controls are great, but I don't have the champion pass on it, which sucks. I also don't get why they don't have a cross-buy scheme so that it I buy the character pass, it's unlocked across everything, and not just one system (I know the answer is :10bux:)

Also went back and played on the PS4, and it seems my champion pass no longer works there either, so characters I've had access to, like Vivian and Furia, are locked, loving great.

If you had the pass to unlock all of them on PS4 and they're locked again, that's for sure something support can fix for you. Hi-Rez support has been pretty helpful the few times I've had purchase bugs, missing content, etc.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Anora posted:

Good news then: Hi Rez / Evil Mojo Games are planning to fix that with the upcoming cross-play patches.

HR posted:

Can I access my purchases and account progression wherever I go?

By linking your separate platform accounts to a Hi-Rez Account, you will effectively have one account across PC launcher, PC and Mac Steam, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. We are technically ready to support cross-progression on other platforms as the opportunity arises.

Some platform specific skins, containing the Xbox logo for example, may not be available on every platform. Additionally, some items contained in DLC bundles may only be available on the platform where the DLC was purchased, due to platform requirements.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Is there a discord for this or something? Tired of babysitting pubs.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m going to probably create a channel for this in the SA Gamers Discord just FYI. With crossplay coming, I definitely want to get in with the goons. We have a bunch who just downloaded the game to get ready for Season 2 (myself included).

Let me get home tonight and I’ll get everything rolling because right now, the goons don’t have a discord. I’ll take this one.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ah hell, got a mod to get it up and running.

https://discord.gg/tKN8bR

Channel is new, you’ll see it in Games. A ton of us are REALLY brand new to the game but want to play this and get the goon base rolling.

So, help us get this off the ground. Cheers.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Could ya dm me a link to it when you make it, probably gonna be busy with other poo poo so won't be looking for it actively :v:

Nalesh#5534

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Could ya dm me a link to it when you make it, probably gonna be busy with other poo poo so won't be looking for it actively :v:

Nalesh#5534

Look up my friend. Just got the link.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also when crossplay drops, do we need a new OP? Looks like this is 2 years old and could probably use some new life breathed into it. The game is pretty cool.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Also when crossplay drops, do we need a new OP? Looks like this is 2 years old and could probably use some new life breathed into it. The game is pretty cool.

The game left beta last year - not that you would believe it - so the OP is kinda outdated? They even dropped the survival mode. And with Season 2 looming in the horizon, it would be nice to have it up to date.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m ok doing the OP but only if the original OP has abandoned it. I love doing this poo poo for the games here. Besides, it’ll teach me a lot about the game and I’ll do it justice.

I’ll wait a few days to see if the OP returns and if not, get a fresh one up for crossplay launch.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Oh poo poo if ICR is getting in I might have to reinstall. This game is jank as gently caress but it's also overwatch with actual depth and lots of fun builds.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Oh poo poo if ICR is getting in I might have to reinstall. This game is jank as gently caress but it's also overwatch with actual depth and lots of fun builds.

Fishopolis yay!!!!!

Yes I want to come get in. Crossplay has me super pumped. And it looks like we need a fun community for this. We can build it (insert famous meme quotes about that here it seems like that’s what you do in instances like these).

Yeah, I’ll ping ya in discord pal!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Look up my friend. Just got the link.

I am absolutely up for having a go at this again if we're gonna have more goon interest in it. Unfortunately, the discord link there is expired.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

neogeo0823 posted:

I am absolutely up for having a go at this again if we're gonna have more goon interest in it. Unfortunately, the discord link there is expired.

Bah. Here we go. Never expires: https://discord.gg/364rsdd

And yes, let’s do it. Let’s get interested.

You’ll see the Paladins channel for the game. Just mute any game you don’t care about and post in games you do care about.

And just FYI, until crossplay, I’m a PC/Switch guy. Switch crossplay is slated for something like April. The rest is this month.

ICR fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 4, 2019

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
What should I spend my gold on? I have like hundreds of thousands for some reason but it doesn’t seem tohave any purpose really.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Welp, we got the goons up and put together a squad of 4 and went in and crushed the poo poo out of nearly everybody tonight. Only lost 2 games over a 3 1/2 hour session. Feels good.

Game is a ton of fun. Good games tonight Greywords, Nalesh and trem.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
Well I just came back from a massive break, saw I had 120K in coins, decided “gently caress it”, and bought Strixx and Zhin. Has Zhin always been this OP?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Big day tomorrow. Crossplay goes live and the big balance patch hits.

I’ll have the new OP up and running for launch. Cheers and see you in game!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Big day tomorrow. Crossplay goes live and the big balance patch hits.

I’ll have the new OP up and running for launch. Cheers and see you in game!

I think it was mentioned crossplay was postponed to 2.02?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sure did. Welp.

I saw the 2.02 thing just now.

All right, there we have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

New thread is UP!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879806&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post491717963

Doing a few more edits on Post 2 (Patch Notes).