Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It's been a busy week, so tonight I'm finally going to watch Only You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sorry for being late!

SPACE ADVENTURE COBRA

I wanna love somebody. I hear you need somebody to love.

Cobra owns. It's a show about cool things. If you thought the first episode of City Hunter is cool and just want that in space, you will like Cobra. Cobra to me is the last 70s show. This is the heir to Go Nagai and Lupin. The last titty master rides. Note: Cobra is spicy! Not safe for work.

Tonight at 7, I'm never gonna set you free.

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 22, 2016

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I won't be able to finish watching it tonight, but I have seen the movie before. I saw it subbed the first time but this time I'm going with the Manga UK dub, that replaces the soundtrack with music by Yello

My initial impression is that it fits the movie incredibly well!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12OBlcHx9E

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I want to watch it subbed but did not prepare. So, despite being unexpectedly free this evening, I'll be watching it another time.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm still catching up with the simul because of a busy week last week but I'm excited to finally watch the Cobra movie. The TV series is one of my favorites and if you want more adventures with Cobra I highly suggest checking it out! The whole thing is on youtube, the last I checked.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pretty much everything but the movie is up on Crunchyroll, iirc. The revival in the late 2000s was pretty deece.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't watch it right now but the Cobra movie owns, peace.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm watching Cobra now

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Heh, star nipples. This OP is rad.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I like the naked space lady

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Psycho Gun?!!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Some of the designs in this are really neat, this naked bad guy who reaches into his face and his ship among them.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Turtle's kind of a dumb name for a ship.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I feel like Jane's maybe expecting a lot more of a commitment than our hero's prepared to give.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Crystal Boy, what a great name lol

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Crystal Boy is awesome, he looks awesome, and I'm sorry for making fun of his name.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I've been sick for two weeks and I went to the doctor today so here's
[no one cares about kimengumi, no pics today, sorry]

High School! Kimengumi the Movie
It's summer and the Funny Face Club are trapped at school! What hijinks will the crew get up to this time?

I'm going to level with you, we're only watching this because Stop! Hibari-kun has garbage subs and I couldn't find the first three episodes of Dr. Slump subbed. We need a gag show and here we are. This is a big time gag manga from when gag manga was huge. It's a beloved favorite for 80s kids all over the Nippon, and I loving hate it. It just isn't funny to me. You might think it's funny though, so go ahead and watch

Tonight at 7, our looks are laughable, unphotographable, yet we're my favorite work of art.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Aside from making Cobra look like a boss when he fires it, I'm not at all clear on what makes the Psycho Gun special.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I hope you feel better soon, Crow.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It seems like his uncanny ability to dodge is Cobra's real super power.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Presumably these windows were made to keep hardened space criminals locked up, but Cobra's busting through them like they're rice paper.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Cobra's heartbeat monitor persisting through these scenes is neat.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
You go, Crystal Boy, make out with that space triplet! I'm rooting for them now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip: Jane, she was a hot space lady.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Holy poo poo Lady's going to revive him with a space pipe organ. That's so rad.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
gently caress yeah space rave!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

gently caress yeah space rave!

Every 80s space anim ehas one

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
He can seriously just run faster than the rocket skis? That seems unfair.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Every 80s space anim ehas one

And they're generally my favorite part.

What movie was it we simuled that had two? Lensman, maybe?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
OK, that was a nifty scene. Cobra was running towards the camera, and as he got close, he passed beneath it, but the camera panned down to keep up with him and kept going, until he was running away from the camera upside down.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Aww yeah hot space sister

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Oh my God Snow Gorilla lady's greeting is the best. And then she just picks him up!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Dominique has a laser unicorn, and she's riding it naked. You need to get with that, Cobra.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

I've been sick for two weeks and I went to the doctor today so here's
[no one cares about kimengumi, no pics today, sorry]

High School! Kimengumi the Movie
It's summer and the Funny Face Club are trapped at school! What hijinks will the crew get up to this time?

I'm going to level with you, we're only watching this because Stop! Hibari-kun has garbage subs and I couldn't find the first three episodes of Dr. Slump subbed. We need a gag show and here we are. This is a big time gag manga from when gag manga was huge. It's a beloved favorite for 80s kids all over the Nippon, and I loving hate it. It just isn't funny to me. You might think it's funny though, so go ahead and watch

Tonight at 7, our looks are laughable, unphotographable, yet we're my favorite work of art.

I watched Kimengumi. Even though it's the shortest thing we've watched this entire simul, it felt absolutely interminable. For every gag that worked there were many more that didn't. The music video sections were my favorite part.

Dr Slump definitely has subs on nyaa by a group called n'chasubs. Dr Slump's humor is more character based and physical comedy based which makes it easier to grasp and laugh at compared to Kimengumi, which is pretty much complicated wordplay and shouting all the way down. Dr Slump is also a lot more charmingly surreal over Kimengumi's relentless, in your face strangeness. If you struggle through the first ten minutes of Kimengumi I'd say watch some Slump instead.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to watch Only You now and hopefully I'll be caught up by next Tuesday.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip: snow ladies, I'm pretty certain y'all were all part of Sandra's harem.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip: every cool lady we've met

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Space wine looks neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Lol, "only ladies who are exactly this sexy can open this door"

• Locked thread