Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Gonna try to watch these at the listed time but I'm tempted to skip ahead while I still have some free time.

Is the final entry a mystery video, or no idea yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone who wants a quicker taste of what FotNS eventually becomes should watch the 1986 movie which is a kind of summary of the first third or so of the series but with a bunch of stuff moved around and changed. It also has a hilariously bad dub if you're into that sort of thing.

The dub isn't that bad. It's not really any worse than most dubs of the time and I'd argue it's the kind of bad that loops into good.

Also the dub is on youtube.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Smoking Crow posted:

5/19 Sakigake! Otokojuko (availablehere) 1,3,4

For some reason this automatically opens episode 34. Don't be an idiot like me and watch part of it thinking it was episode 1.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Oh hell yeah, episode 4 is where manly engrish comes from!

It's not hiding the ultra nationalism though. Heihachi needs strong young men to purge western influence.

I'll probably watch this until the funny goes away.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Saw the first ep of city hunter but it's not really grabbing me.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Cat's Eye and Captain Tsubasa weren't really my thing, but Saint Seiya is. Probably won't watch all 100+ episodes but I'll get a few in.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Kimagure and Touch weren't really my thing. Already saw Beautiful Dreamer during the lum av outbreak and skipped Only You for now. Cobra movie has that cool 70's space anime art style I like, if kinda badly animated in places. Went ahead and watched the first episode of the Cobra series as well.

Lord Necron (yeah I watched the dub what of it) seemed like the kind of villain who spent a considerable amount of time swooning over his own hot robot bod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
My first exposure to Dragon Ball was from an NES game called Dragon Power, which was literally Dragon Ball with some changes so they didn't have to pay licensing.

I did see DB's original run though (what funi calls the emperor pilaf saga). Here's hoping you picked a hella good mystery movie!

• Locked thread