Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
A good idea for a simulwatch!

Of these, I think I've only seen the first ep of KGO, the first and maybe one other of Otokojuku, Beautiful Dreamer, and of course Dragonball. I'll probably follow along intermittently, though pretty much never on Tuesdays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm watching City Hunter tonight instead of yesterday, because I'm a rebel like that. First episode down. It's a lot of fun so far. '80s sensibilities, an alternately ultra-manly and goofy protagonist, and a solid grasp of what's cool: babes, guns, and cars. I wonder if it's going to be mostly episodic, or introduce longer plotlines? I suspect the former, especially for what I'm watching tonight.

Onward, to episode 4 of lovely Hunter!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ah, and it's doing the old thing of alternating english and romaji subs for the OP.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
!!!

yuri!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Kaori is fun. Fourth wasn't as good as the opening ep, but it was still fun and stylish.

Oof. There's a lot of episodes of this. Old anime is hard. I'm liking this, but unless the fifth episode really wows me, I suspect it'll end up towards the bottom of a long to-watch list.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
!!!

yaoi!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Dang. Makimura seemed cool. :rip:

Yeah, good show. If if was maybe a couple cours it'd find its way to the upper parts of the list, but as it is, it's a maybe. Glad I watched what I did, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I definitely want to watch some Cat's Eye, but that might also be delayed, perhaps until the weekend.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

(*Translator's note: Mokkori is onomatopoeia for popping a boner)

Things make more sense now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Moldy Taxes posted:

Bummed that I missed this thread so far, but that's cool. I can't make time for Tuesday, but I'll be starting this Thursday with Los Caballeros del Zodiaco, the Latin American dub for Saint Seiya.

For a bit of background, my primary experience with spanish dubbed animes has been Dragon Ball (Z, GT) and Digimon. My older cousins were big into Saint Seiya, but because the episodes airing were in the middle of their big long shonen arcs I never understood what was going on.

I'm really glad we've got someone watching the Spanish dub.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This was fun. I've no particular desire to watch long-running shounen battle shows, even seminal ones, but I would have eaten this up if it aired here when I was a kid. Thanks for streaming it, Srice, I almost certainly wouldn't have watched it otherwise.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Daaang, those are real good. Especially the first, but I really like the teacup bit from the third.

I don't have any real desire to watch KOR, but I totally would have synchrowatched it with you if it weren't board game night.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
if you stream it, I'll probably watch it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Srice posted:

https://io.synchtu.be:8443/r/Srice

At the top of the hour I'll start streaming Touch!

poo poo! Looks like I'm going to be ~10 minutes late!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I liked it a lot more than I expected to. I wouldn't say it's quite SoL-y, since it does seem to have a direction in which it's meandering, but is very laid-back, with plenty of time for the characters to just bounce off each other. If the dang thing were a quarter the length, I'd probably watch it, Tatsuya seems like a great protagonist. Stupid old shows.

I might read the manga.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I like its thought bubbles.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm going to watch this. But probably not tonight, and if tonight, not until later.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I want to watch it subbed but did not prepare. So, despite being unexpectedly free this evening, I'll be watching it another time.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm watching Cobra now

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Heh, star nipples. This OP is rad.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I like the naked space lady

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Psycho Gun?!!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Some of the designs in this are really neat, this naked bad guy who reaches into his face and his ship among them.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Turtle's kind of a dumb name for a ship.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I feel like Jane's maybe expecting a lot more of a commitment than our hero's prepared to give.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Crystal Boy, what a great name lol

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Crystal Boy is awesome, he looks awesome, and I'm sorry for making fun of his name.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Aside from making Cobra look like a boss when he fires it, I'm not at all clear on what makes the Psycho Gun special.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I hope you feel better soon, Crow.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It seems like his uncanny ability to dodge is Cobra's real super power.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Presumably these windows were made to keep hardened space criminals locked up, but Cobra's busting through them like they're rice paper.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Cobra's heartbeat monitor persisting through these scenes is neat.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
You go, Crystal Boy, make out with that space triplet! I'm rooting for them now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip: Jane, she was a hot space lady.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Holy poo poo Lady's going to revive him with a space pipe organ. That's so rad.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
gently caress yeah space rave!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
He can seriously just run faster than the rocket skis? That seems unfair.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Every 80s space anim ehas one

And they're generally my favorite part.

What movie was it we simuled that had two? Lensman, maybe?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
OK, that was a nifty scene. Cobra was running towards the camera, and as he got close, he passed beneath it, but the camera panned down to keep up with him and kept going, until he was running away from the camera upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Aww yeah hot space sister

• Locked thread