Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Oh Professor, you'll bury us all!
Not having logged in for quite a while, it seems I turned up at the right time - I've circled around Otokojuku a few times in the past, but never actually taken the plunge, so I'll give it a go later on.

Fwiw, I enjoyed the first arc or so of FotNS, but I burned out on it long before the end. Got to about episode 50 or so (inc. the film) and got stuck, never felt the urge to go back to it. Doesn't help that I was inadvertently spoiled on the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Only had time for one episode of Otokojuku so far, but it is already the best thing.

I laughed particularly hard when they went into the town and I realised it wasn't actually set in the post-apocalyptic future.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

I forgot that City Hunter was one of the things in this thread. It's one of my favourite shows, but in case it makes any difference, I didn't think they really got into the established formula until about episode 6, although 4 is pretty close to it. Revisiting the first ones, they seem weird by comparison - I don't remember five very clearly, but I think 3 is about the only time in the entire franchise that Ryo wilfully kills someone. Six is also the one where Umibozu shows up, if memory serves.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Seen a little of Cat's Eye before, but it was in French, so I only had a vague understanding of what was going on. Quite looking forward to seeing some more of it.

• Locked thread