Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

IOoho salty!! You're so drat salty! Well guess what: You've been Stumped And Cucked ANd Salt'd.

Here you go brah I got a game you might like better

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dancing Salt Man restored my faith in humanity

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Here you go brah I got a game you might like better

Epic cuck.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
SaltCuck

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Memenigger Saltycuck's Civilization VI

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Hahaha

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Epic cuck.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Me seeing thread title:

Me seeing the salt within:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

Me seeing thread title:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Lots of idiots getting stump'd and cuck'd in this thread upon seeing the epic takedown of their favorite game.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Lots of idiots getting stump'd and cuck'd in this thread upon seeing the epic takedown of their favorite game.

Nah us CiV fans be dodging the salt in this thread like

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Me seeing thread title:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lmfao but also.. Schwing!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Lmfao but also.. Schwing!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

if we're lucky hopefully this game will encourage expansion again and the smart play becomes to build more than 4 cities

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

“So what we’ve done is, for pretty much every technology in the tech tree, we’ve associated a specific activity that’s sort of like a quest. And if you finish that activity, boom, we give you a big credit, about 50% of the science that you need to unlock that particular technology is granted to you.”

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sidequests ftmfw

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

Sidequests ftmfw

that's not even a sidequest lol, that is a completely unnecessary incentive for something you already want to do. you see gold, or marble, you already want to research the tech that allows you to improve those resources, you don't need an extra bonus. all it does is make the game even more dependent on random generation, where someone might have a start with a couple of resources that allows them to blow through the tech tree.

what they SHOULD be doing instead is just balancing the loving tree so there's no one correct path to take. if your problem is people always going through the same part of the tree, then that's not the fault of people not taking the map into account, that's the fault of the tree being unbalanced and certain techs being much more valuable than others in every situation.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I've never played a civilization game in my life OP, except for freeciv, once. Why should I care about these copy/pastes of ad copy from the game that seem, at most, inoffensive, you retard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

I've never played a civilization game in my life OP, except for freeciv, once. Why should I care about these copy/pastes of ad copy from the game that seem, at most, inoffensive, you retard.

He's trolling.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Borsche69 posted:

that's not even a sidequest lol, that is a completely unnecessary incentive for something you already want to do. you see gold, or marble, you already want to research the tech that allows you to improve those resources, you don't need an extra bonus. all it does is make the game even more dependent on random generation, where someone might have a start with a couple of resources that allows them to blow through the tech tree.

what they SHOULD be doing instead is just balancing the loving tree so there's no one correct path to take. if your problem is people always going through the same part of the tree, then that's not the fault of people not taking the map into account, that's the fault of the tree being unbalanced and certain techs being much more valuable than others in every situation.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
OP: Look at this bullshit: The game's technology tree, now known as the active research system,[3] has also been modified to help boost technology research if the player has access to appropriate improvements or resources. For example, to help boost the research into masonry, the player needs to have built a quarry.[4] What the gently caress?? What the loving gently caress??? WHAT were they THINKING???
Me [draped casually on a chaise lounge as a servant feeds me grapes]: Hmm. You seem salty
OP: OK, looks loike Imp Zone is as irrelevant as all the rest of this festering poo poo heap of a forum. Maybe you and your little gay rear end butt buddies would rather be jerking each other off and playing mioncraft instead of having an Actually. SERrious. Discussion?? Guess it's back to /r/postyourclipboard with me, somewhere that actually has more than 8 posters :allears: :allears: :gonk: And oh yeah the salty meme died in 2006

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

no they will not posted:

Because implying that the map never influenced player actions in a game of Civilization is the dumbest thing you can say, and stating such shows a clear lack of understanding of any of the games, and thus the people making it are complete loving idiots that need to be shot in the back of the skull, along with you, who is wandering into a thread about a game that you have never played in your life, asking questions about things you wouldn't understand, like a child wandering into the middle of a movie.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

no they will not posted:

OP: Look at this bullshit: The game's technology tree, now known as the active research system,[3] has also been modified to help boost technology research if the player has access to appropriate improvements or resources. For example, to help boost the research into masonry, the player needs to have built a quarry.[4] What the gently caress?? What the loving gently caress??? WHAT were they THINKING???
Me [draped casually on a chaise lounge as a servant feeds me grapes]: Hmm. You seem salty
OP: OK, looks loike Imp Zone is as irrelevant as all the rest of this festering poo poo heap of a forum. Maybe you and your little gay rear end butt buddies would rather be jerking each other off and playing mioncraft instead of having an Actually. SERrious. Discussion?? Guess it's back to /r/postyourclipboard with me, somewhere that actually has more than 8 posters :allears: :allears: :gonk: And oh yeah the salty meme died in 2006

What are you even trying to say.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

no they will not posted:

Lol

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Borsche69 posted:

What are you even trying to say.

he's saying you have the 'prodromal schizophrenia' meme, OP.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

PleasingFungus posted:

he's saying you have the 'prodromal schizophrenia' meme, OP.

Civstomper58

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

durrrr hurrrr????

durr!!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

"Instead of the boilerplate artistic rendering of previous games, cities will be presented in unique ways, according to the player's positional choices. This is especially true of Wonders, which are also built outside the city. There was always an element of aesthetic joy in building these things, which is now being intensified. But there is also a catch. The Pyramids must be built in the desert. Stonehenge can only be built near stone."

the whole thing that makes stonehenge a wonder is the fact that the stone was transported across great distances. stonehenge wasn't built anywhere near the loving quarry

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

pyramids, a wonder so ubiquitous that almost every ancient civilization has something resembling it, can only be built on desert.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

pyramids, a wonder so ubiquitous that almost every ancient civilization has something resembling it, can only be built on desert.
Aztecs go gently caress yourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This game is going to be gay. Bye

• Locked thread