Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

This game is going to be gay. Bye

Goodbye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

when egyptians built the pyramids it wasnt really even a desert there (know your history much? Sid?) so this is an even bigger loving fail imo

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The tech tree was a system that we felt was not integrated with what else you were doing in your game. It was off to the side. You’d figure out what you wanted to research, click on that technology, and then you wouldn’t go back there.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

"Instead of the boilerplate artistic rendering of previous games, cities will be presented in unique ways, according to the player's positional choices. This is especially true of Wonders, which are also built outside the city. There was always an element of aesthetic joy in building these things, which is now being intensified. But there is also a catch. The Pyramids must be built in the desert. Stonehenge can only be built near stone."

the whole thing that makes stonehenge a wonder is the fact that the stone was transported across great distances. stonehenge wasn't built anywhere near the loving quarry

ahahah gently caress

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Our scientists have discovered a way to implement the button-awesome connection in turn based strategy games.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I can't tell if OP is doing extreme irony or having a temper tantrum.. Anyone have some insight for me?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don't talk poo poo about salt, lots of imperial blood was spilled for it

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

rediscover posted:

I can't tell if OP is doing extreme irony or having a temper tantrum.. Anyone have some insight for me?

Sounds like you are too stupid to live and need to be sent away to be killed.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

SIDS Meier's HIVilizAIDStion VI

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

no they will not posted:

OP: Look at this bullshit: The game's technology tree, now known as the active research system,[3] has also been modified to help boost technology research if the player has access to appropriate improvements or resources. For example, to help boost the research into masonry, the player needs to have built a quarry.[4] What the gently caress?? What the loving gently caress??? WHAT were they THINKING???

The active research system is a really bad decision and has the potential to be worse than one-unit-per-tile was. The active research system strangleholds player choice by making them beholden to the map generator. You might be saying "this is a strategy game! You need to make strategic choices to optimize your research growth! Duhh!!!" the Civilization series tech tree requires that one researches the earlier techs before being able to move forward in the tree. With this system in place, Civ 6 removes the ability to make long-term plans, as you'll be penalized for not researching the technologies associated with the resources you have. Secondly, the ARS incentivizes something that doesn't need to be incentivized. If you see stones, you should already be thinking about developing masonry so that you can take advantage of the resource. Tying a research bonus to it is pointless at best, at worst you're not going to be able to research things like seafaring because you didn't settle next to the ocean.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

madeupfred posted:

The active research system is a really bad decision and has the potential to be worse than one-unit-per-tile was. The active research system strangleholds player choice by making them beholden to the map generator. You might be saying "this is a strategy game! You need to make strategic choices to optimize your research growth! Duhh!!!" the Civilization series tech tree requires that one researches the earlier techs before being able to move forward in the tree. With this system in place, Civ 6 removes the ability to make long-term plans, as you'll be penalized for not researching the technologies associated with the resources you have. Secondly, the ARS incentivizes something that doesn't need to be incentivized. If you see stones, you should already be thinking about developing masonry so that you can take advantage of the resource. Tying a research bonus to it is pointless at best, at worst you're not going to be able to research things like seafaring because you didn't settle next to the ocean.

oh, word?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

madeupfred posted:

at worst you're not going to be able to research things like seafaring because you didn't settle next to the ocean.

People are going to say this doesn't matter but unless they create a system in which all seafaring techs are completely independent of the rest of the tech tree (which is definitely not the case in any early version) this will make it unnecessarily difficult to advance through parts of the tree, as well as making it more difficult to plan ahead. EG You're planning on expanding to coastline in the future, and would like to research the tech so you can take advantage of the coastline as soon as you settle.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How can you research the ocean if you've never seen the ocean, because there are so many pyramids in the way?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

How can you research the ocean if you've never seen the ocean, because there are so many pyramids in the way?

gently caress the ocean

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

You might have a trade route with someone that has seen the ocean, and they might have let you play with their astrolabia.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

SIDS Meier's HIVilizAIDStion VI

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Borsche69 posted:

You might have a trade route with someone that has seen the ocean, and they might have let you play with their astrolabia.

gross

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's cool that someone on the dev team read Guns, Germs, and Steel and decided to just make that the game.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's cool that someone on the dev team read Guns, Germs, and Steel and decided to just make that the game.

Jesus Christ.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's going to be a bad strategy but a good phone game, like Civ 5

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

They called the sixth civilization game Civilization Six.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This is stupid. You are stupid for posting it and stupid for thinking this lowest common denominator meme bullshit would be in any way funny.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

no they will not posted:

I've never played a civilization game in my life OP, except for freeciv, once. Why should I care about these copy/pastes of ad copy from the game that seem, at most, inoffensive, you retard.

Well if you don't know and you don't care why the gently caress are you even posting in this thread? Another clueless retard.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Yolomancer posted:

This is stupid. You are stupid for posting it and stupid for thinking this lowest common denominator meme bullshit would be in any way funny.

You sound salty bro

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rediscover posted:

You sound salty bro

Yeah, this is definitely going to troll me. Clever girl.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Yolomancer posted:

Well if you don't know and you don't care why the gently caress are you even posting in this thread? Another clueless retard.

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont care about civ but i like borches angry rants about it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Yolomancer posted:

Yeah, this is definitely going to troll me. Clever girl.

Relax.. No need to get butt hurt.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm going to call the OP Retard69

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

See you faggots on Badgame, where making fun of games isn't forbidden and stupid "salt" memes are mocked and where sexy children are admired

Nobody has talked about a videogame there since Feburary 2013.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Yolomancer posted:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

no they will not posted:

I've never played a civilization game in my life OP, except for freeciv, once. Why should I care about these copy/pastes of ad copy from the game that seem, at most, inoffensive, you retard.

Bc he's salty :xd:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lowest common denominator

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yolomancer posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yolomancer is epic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

If this game excites you, then you need to have illegal wrestling moves performed on you until you die.

Do u want some cheese with that whine?

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Do u want some cheese with that whine?

Nah, his sodium levels are already high enough as it is :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Yolomancer posted:

lmfao

• Locked thread