Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
It's strange how I just got done talking with my buddy last nigh about a 280. He's in Indiana and it runs great and has no rust. The owner wants 6k. He said he would pay it as well if he didn't have four other projects and a track civic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

Found one essential accessory for this euphoria-inducing Z-car:

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Awesome-Plaid-Binder-Pants/dp/B00J1J7HZW

:perfect:

I'm pretty sure he wore his euphoria enabling pajama's all the time. The one time I met him he did. And every photo or video had him wearing them.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
I would disconnect the fuel filler neck to help prevent the shavings issue. And with a lock just drill out the whole section the key goes in. Also a big pair of channel locks on the gas cap and just give it a wrench.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
It's doable with a regular jack build a platform with 2×4 and make sure it's a rectangle that's similar in shape to the trans pan. Use ratchet straps to keep the tranny held to the platform you made. Its doable and if you want to let the engine hang it's not the best thing but it's just gonna wear your old worn rubber mounts more. Also you can use ratchet straps and a solid point in the car to help keep the engine up. I pull a trans or two a day so I've seen it done many ways and its always possible.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

I went out to measure clearance and discovered that I'm gonna need to do black widow abatement before I start work, there was definitely one in a web up near the front wheel. :gonk:

A small propane torch does wonders for spider control. Works way better then any chemical I have ever used.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Old trannys sure do have some length to them. New ones definitely have more girth .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's a bump in the road but at least the guy is doing the right thing about it, so I'm not as bothered.

He may only have 4-speed transmissions sitting around the shop, if that's the case I'll probably tell him I want to wait until he can pull the 5spd from the parts car.

Maybe if you offer to help pull it he would be more willing. I have a few Saturday only customers at my shop that "help" me with there car for a discount. And it's nice to see there willing to help to get what they need done.

• Locked thread