Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
If the cassette deck drives at all the first thing you should do is take the drive belt off, measure it and order a replacement. Those things turn into a nasty goo overtime that just get everywhere as you inevitably shuffle between reverse and play trying to get it to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

This loving rocks.

Also I can't help you on the clutch front as I'm a firm supporter of the cable clutch :colbert:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Has anybody ever tested out the GL-5 eats old synchros thing? You read about it all the time on car specific forums and it's always seemed more likely that the cause of synchro failure has been having the thing rammed into 1st and 2nd it's whole life without a fluid change. It's easy enough to use GL-4 stuff for peace of mind but I'd be curious if there was any hard data on it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
You've got the licensed version of L Jetronic right? I'd rule out electrical gremlins before chasing issues with the fuel itself. try pulling the rail and absolutely confirming the injectors ain't spraying anything at all. I'd also check the injector seals/o-rings too since they tend to be weakpoints for these systems.

• Locked thread