Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'm so incredibly bonerfied about this.

straight six best motor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also if you even dream about removing that stereo, you better wake up and apologize. If it's hosed internally I will drive down from Denver with soldering iron and multimeter in tow. (and probably a bunch of old ham radio poo poo to dump on you too)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have advance tidings that the record player has been reported as working

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'm trying to talk him into Smokey Yunicking the fuel lines and just replacing with 1" or something "yeah i get 450 miles to 'a tank'"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Negative, air in clutch lines feels like it's pretty dead and just not hooked up to anything except maybe the return spring until it comes on to actual Clutch Pressure over an inch or so of travel, then feels like a normal clutch rest of the way, at least in my numerous experiences with blowing every component of the clutch circuit in my 240sx.

What I would do is watch the slave cylinder arm at the same time that you're slowly pushing the clutch. They should have a linear relationship.
(didnt you pick up an inspection camera?)

$5 on the clutch lines being dry and because of this air has hosed the slave cylinder seals at least, possibly master. I'd replace at least the slave and possibly also the master before I started worrying about actual clutch issues

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 26, 2016

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I gave myself a mild hernia replacing the exact same slave cylinder, but on my 240sx. Leverage is hard! (dont try to replace it without jacking up the car, as i did)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
measure twice, cuss once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Ah, the rare 280ZX Spyder

• Locked thread