Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

the best part about this is that ZimZam doesn't own a home with a pool, he's staying with some crazy fan. he's unemployed and destitute.

So somewhere in Florida an obnoxious rightwing suburban dad is making his family live with George Zimmerman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Bitter Mushroom posted:

wheres the evidence that the whole thing didn't play out exactly like zimmerman said it did?

the most shocking part of the entire story is that Zimmerman took it upon himself to put a loaded gun in his pocket and walk around his neighborhood confronting people, and somehow none of the media seemed to want to talk about how deeply insane this is. It was all about who ran how far and blah blah blah

like if you saw some weird hispanic dude with his eyes too close together walking up and down your sidewalk, and somebody was like "oh that's just George, the guy who confronts people with his loaded gun" and you went "oh OK then" that would be loving weird. But all of america seemingly had that reaction

even for florida that's crazy.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

spacetoaster posted:

He was confronting people with a loaded gun? Where's the news on that?

I dunno, for some reason there wasn't much focus on the fact that an armed guy was out actively looking for trouble.. that was my point

it's one thing if you are carrying for personal protection and some poo poo happens and you react. But this dude left his house that night carrying his gun for no reason other than confronting people that were walking around his neighborhood. That's loving nuts.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

CJacobs posted:

I wish people understood that noboy gives a poo poo about your "hot take" on what happened between Zimmerman and Martin and that you should shove your opinion up your rear end and post something interesting

this post makes me feel threatened *reaches for waistband*

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

spacetoaster posted:

Oh, you made it sound like he was walking around brandishing his gun at people. That's a fast track to jail in the U.S.

Carrying a gun is fine, but you pull that bad boy out you better have a justified reason (like shooting the man beating the poo poo out of you).

yeah but if he is beating the poo poo out of you because you got up in his face and then chased him down when he rightfully recognized you as unstable and fled that's not really the same thing

and none of this changes the fact that Zimmerman thought it was appropriate to "patrol" his neighborhood by himself while carrying a gun

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Turd Burglar posted:

Yesss

The fuckin rook. Everyone was like what is that even for?

it's so Caterpillar can get some of that sweet police money by selling a $50,000 construction vehicle for $250k to $450k (it's a Cat 287c, look it up)

god I wish I came up with this idea, it's brilliant

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

are those real numbers because :wow:

yeah that's why I gave the model number of the vehicle.

Cat sells the Rook themselves so the markup is actually even worse, you can get a 287c for like $50k or so retail cost. Who knows what the actual cost of the base vehicle is to Cat, it's probably way less. and I don't see like $300k of metal fabrication there for the armor

City of Tampa fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 14, 2016

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Mange Mite posted:

Isnt a skid steer more like 20-30k

used yeah, but I'm going on new prices and besides the 287c is a real heavy duty deluxe skidsteer. it has a/c and poo poo like that

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Who What Now posted:

Got his rear end beat so badly he refused medical attention and the only documentable injury was a tiny scrape on his scalp that he probably got when the barber got the electric razor stuck in one of the many fat rolls on his head. Truly it was a savage and life-threatening situation he was in. :rolleyes:

he had the kind of injuries that you'd get if a teenager punched you once and you fell back and hit your head on the ground; a sore nose and a scrape on the back of his head.

Zim zam obviously got pancaked by one punch after he chased Trayvon through his complex, and then in his humiliation and shame he shot Trayvon from the ground as the kid stood over him and mocked him for being a gross creepy weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

nah there was some guy who tried to kill him iirc, tho they called it road rage I think

the funny thing is that the idiot did it in like the only way that is illegal in Florida; by shooting from a moving car. If he had just got up in Zimzam's face he could have blasted him at any point and it would have been 100% OK if he claimed that he was in fear for his life.

• Locked thread