Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
A muscular gay man is actually called a Bull. Bears have more fat and tend to be hairy. I'm a bear :eng101:

There's a whole shitton of categories and if you fail the pop quizzes about them that can show up at anytime (one time I was swimming in the forest and a lizard on the shore quizzed me), anywhere you lose your gay license and become straight.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

A muscular gay man is actually called a Bull. Bears have more fat and tend to be hairy. I'm a bear :eng101:

There's a whole shitton of categories and if you fail the pop quizzes about them that can show up at anytime (one time I was swimming in the forest and a lizard on the shore quizzed me), anywhere you lose your gay license and become straight.

David Icke can't actually make you straight.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

HardDisk posted:

I appreciate the gamma correction, but now I'm wondering how dark it is. Is it as bad as the other videos?

The other videos were also gamma corrected too, so no.

The darkness is worse than in the other videos.

EDIT: After uploading this video, youtube has one of "would you like us to improve your video?" warnings. This one says, "we've detected a problem with the lighting in your video." That seems appropriate.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 19, 2016

Burzmali
Oct 22, 2013
Well, getting the power back on would help with some of the light issues, at least inside the facility and I thought I remembered some spot lights here and there outside. I notice that you've walked by the solution a few times already though so that might take a while.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Are you at all afraid of people climbing trees? I must know how realistic this game really is.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Yes but only because I'm scared of heights and don't know why other people aren't

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Wait a minute. A standard 24-hour day-night cycle in the Arctic? :crossarms: I don't think this game is very realistic at all.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
All I could think of this update was "BEARS! WOO!"

I think I may have a problem.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Mr. Vile posted:

Wait a minute. A standard 24-hour day-night cycle in the Arctic? :crossarms: I don't think this game is very realistic at all.

Somehow this extremely legit criticism never crossed my mind while playing the game. Because yes, absolutely, there shouldn't be anything resembling an 8 hours of darkness + 16 hours of light day/night cycle going on here.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So what exactly is the plot thus far? I forget

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I like how you keeping saying 'we're making progress' as if that helps XD

But wait I thought there was a sneak button. Someone said sneaking option or something.

Also I love how Nina just keels over with one leg sticking up in the air. So elegant.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I know it's part of the game's charm, but it was kind of a dick move to have the grave at the other side of the compound.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

So what exactly is the plot thus far? I forget

THE PLOT THUS FAR:

Nina is trapped in a compound called Arctic Alive, which is a research facility in the arctic. The facility was researching "Artefacts" that they found here, and somehow using those artefacts allowed the scientists to turn people into deadly tar. Unfortunately, the deadly tar people are able to reproduce by neck-snapping and now everyone in the facility is a deadly tar person, except us, because we were kept in a cage. We were probably the cook, because we were left there with some food.

You'd think liquid people should have no problem going through a chain link fence, but you'd be wrong I guess.

Why scientists were doing this, how tar people actually get made, why Nina is here, or why there's a weird death field 30 meters from the compound that has seemingly trapped two bears in here with us, are all questions we do not know the answers to.

HardDisk posted:

I know it's part of the game's charm, but it was kind of a dick move to have the grave at the other side of the compound.

Yeah, the mistranslations are part of the fun, but they literally just gave us a different direction than the real goal for no reason.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I clicked on this thread yesterday, and just finished catching up. Holy poo poo I love this terrible game so much.

gnome7 posted:

We were probably the cook, because we were left there with some food.

I was thinking, maybe our character's name just happens to be Cook?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

But wasn't the cook buried southnorth-eastwest(?) of the station? Or are we that cook's successor?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

AlphaKretin posted:

But wasn't the cook buried southnorth-eastwest(?) of the station? Or are we that cook's successor?

Oh, was that who was buried? I can't follow this game at all.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I kinda like that this game has some literal survival aspects to a survival horror game like the eating and drinking, and needing to be warm ect. These might be pretty interesting in a resident evil game but can't work in a blender game.

I think the insane machine translation is a plus because otherwise this would just be another generic horror story.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Is the heroine's name Sue? Could she be Sue Chef?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

DropsySufferer posted:

I kinda like that this game has some literal survival aspects to a survival horror game like the eating and drinking, and needing to be warm ect. These might be pretty interesting in a resident evil game but can't work in a blender game.

Are there any other horror games that combine hardcore survival and horror? The closest thing I can think of is The Solus Project, though there the horror is mostly confined to the cave portions (especially when it introduces the smoke monsters).
The rest of the game is more about the general horror of leaving your overnight shelter and staring up the business end of a tornado.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
This is the part where we actually get an objective.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I couldn't help but think "Okay now savestate" when you finally got the artefact. If only it was that easy, huh?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

gnome7 posted:

This is the part where we actually get an objective.

So... is this the second or the third session? Do you figure out how to sneak before the next one? Something tells me you were really intended to be able to do that. Besides, line of sight clearly means nothing with these guys, they seem to react solely to sound and their detection radius is based solely on proximity, walls do nothing.

Also, are you sure hat the cannistet that's currently full of water can only be filled with water? Because it seems really weird that you still can't resore elecricity at this point. Maybe if you poured out all the water it could be filled with gas in the basement.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
So about that gas canister...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELO7cxzeBiQ&t=830s

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Am I the only one who thinks the water coming from the faucet looks like TV static?

Is anyone else here old enough to remember TV static?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Oh, I know. I really really know.

Aumanor posted:

So... is this the second or the third session? Do you figure out how to sneak before the next one? Something tells me you were really intended to be able to do that. Besides, line of sight clearly means nothing with these guys, they seem to react solely to sound and their detection radius is based solely on proximity, walls do nothing.

Also, are you sure hat the cannistet that's currently full of water can only be filled with water? Because it seems really weird that you still can't resore elecricity at this point. Maybe if you poured out all the water it could be filled with gas in the basement.

It can absolutely only be filled with water. Also, there are two more videos of session 2 remaining still. We haven't recorded or played this game since about a week before the thread has been up.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

FeyerbrandX posted:

Is the heroine's name Sue? Could she be Sue Chef?

It's not possible to five you as high as you deserve.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Speed Bear:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

You two are so patient with this game's bullshit, especially gnome as the player. I could watch this playthrough of theoretically-a-horror-game just to calm down. :allears:

This is great.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I think I need an intervention. That, or I have too much free time on my hands. Maybe both.

Either way, here's Midnight Bear, too:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TTornado
Feb 15, 2015

Piso mojado, dirtbag.
Y'know i could have sworn that there WAS a sneak button, cause Kamoc (tortoiseontour) did his streams of the game and in the second part said he liked it a lot better after he found out how to sneak? Not sure it even works on the bears though, cause he seemed to be mostly talking about the shadowmen.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

What would constitute a 'hot place' because we're in the middle of the arctic, can't stop sneezing in certain places, and there is no oil/fuel. Even the stoves when making cooked leg are not warm.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Wedemeyer posted:

What would constitute a 'hot place' because we're in the middle of the arctic, can't stop sneezing in certain places, and there is no oil/fuel. Even the stoves when making cooked leg are not warm.

I guess we'll just have to make our own "hot place!" :fap::quagmire::pervert::shlick:

I'm sorry, I'll just show myself out.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:yikes:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

It'd be pretty awesome if the bears actually started stabbing you in this game. You never know.

Also, that image makes me think of the giant moon in the McDonald's commercial singing about a murderer in an anti-capitalist play hamburgers.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh my god. Ok, I know they may not be as prevalent as they are in Finland, but surely there's a sauna around the complex somewhere. Clearly that's' where all the Hot Artefacts went.

Look for a building that says 'Banya' and watch the detector light up.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Good news! Joey and I just beat the game, so the rest of the episodes should be coming pretty soon.

Joey just keeps repeating "what" in skype over and over and I'm getting concerned.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

:psyduck:

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

I can't wait. :allears:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

gnome7 posted:

Joey just keeps repeating "what" in skype over and over and I'm getting concerned.

The Joey will have seen the things in the experimenting which are to be upset. Over the bears and the people of the liquid which is surprising more. When found, the ending damages the mind alters. It is suggested the cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

gnome7 posted:

I expect a YouTube dump :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread