Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The words “sh*t” and “b*tch” also appear in dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Almost exclusively from the character representing Nintendo.

Because Nintendo was once really puritan and weird about censorship in their games.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Page 2. We did it, everyone.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

thank you, i learned more about the canon of nep then i ever needed.

this is also my feeling, thanks Takoluka

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

Because Nintendo was once really puritan and weird about censorship in their games.

Based on hiroshi yamauchi, obviously.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mordaedil posted:

Yeah, once

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
nep-nep goons, teach me how to nep-nep

I kinda suck at combat. People usually get hit because I didn't guess what the AI was gonna do. Compa's healing isn't enough usually. I'm on Rebirth 1 if it helps.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Irritated Goat posted:

nep-nep goons, teach me how to nep-nep

I kinda suck at combat. People usually get hit because I didn't guess what the AI was gonna do. Compa's healing isn't enough usually. I'm on Rebirth 1 if it helps.

Early on, take advantage of buffs, and attack enemies from the back. Use SP attacks liberally, and wreck whatever you can.

Eventually, when you start learning EXE attacks, remove all combo moves except for Rush attacks. Rush attacks will build your EXE gauge fast, and then you can use EXE Drive moves to blow away anything.

Where are you in the game?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Takoluka posted:

Early on, take advantage of buffs, and attack enemies from the back. Use SP attacks liberally, and wreck whatever you can.

Eventually, when you start learning EXE attacks, remove all combo moves except for Rush attacks. Rush attacks will build your EXE gauge fast, and then you can use EXE Drive moves to blow away anything.

Where are you in the game?

Last thing I remember is meeting Noire basically. Maybe a tiny bit ahead of that.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Takoluka posted:

page 2 nepper :ocelot:

Someday I need to play through Omega Quintet too, I know they tried not to make it like a Nep game but they can't really shake the similarity

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
I highly recommend just playing Omega Quintet on the easiest difficulty if you only really care about it's story because Order Break can get really stupid.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Irritated Goat posted:

Last thing I remember is meeting Noire basically. Maybe a tiny bit ahead of that.

Yeah, just focus on the above strats, then. You have a little ways before you learn EXE Drives.

CrashCat posted:

page 2 nepper :ocelot:

Someday I need to play through Omega Quintet too, I know they tried not to make it like a Nep game but they can't really shake the similarity

I kinda liked Omega Quintet, and it was different enough from Nep to be distinct, but good lord, is it slow. You eventually get an ability to move faster (a speed at which you should have always been moving), and getting all the quests done for the True Ending is a pain in the rear end. The idol aspect of it is played, more or less, as "a means to an end" set piece.

It's a mediocre RPG, but it was the first and only PS4 RPG for a while. And I believe it is still the only PS4 game with PlayStation Move support.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ozdhaka posted:

I highly recommend just playing Omega Quintet on the easiest difficulty if you only really care about it's story because Order Break can get really stupid.
Oh yeah, Order Break is hilariously broken. I saw a guy get destroyed by a boss without being able to take a single turn because it would just Order Break over and over

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Takoluka posted:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gearsy and Uzume judging goons ITT

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
*Neps Internally*

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If anyone wants to try the series out, I'm selling 2 codes for Megadimension Neptunia for the PS4 for 20 PSN credit.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Alteisen posted:

If anyone wants to try the series out, I'm selling 2 codes for Megadimension Neptunia for the PS4 for 20 PSN credit.

I'd be all over this. At work now though so it will be a few hours til i can get you a PSN code.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Alteisen posted:

Hang on to one for me, please.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Irritated Goat posted:

iirc you're reaching the point where you really want to get Life Rings on everyone if you haven't already, they give an insane bonus to HP that will help carry you through a bit of the game.

Also, the game is not shy about letting you face enemies that can wreck you, especially if you're going into side dungeons or turning on enemy change.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Irritated Goat posted:

That loving dragon thing wrecked my poo poo. I just grinded a little bit tho, but it was still a bit harder than I'd have liked.

Use the DLC characters by unlocking them. They are essentially cheat mode, but if you don't want to grind like an idiot.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Alteisen posted:

I have a $20 code whenever you're ready. i dont have PM's but you can email me at removed

Ceramics fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 15, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I like the SeHa gals. No idea if enough to buy a mediocre crossover game with bloody Nep, but it's coming here in Fall and I'll have to figure it out by then. Convince me to get it, OP.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saoshyant posted:

I like the SeHa gals. No idea if enough to buy a mediocre crossover game with bloody Nep, but it's coming here in Fall and I'll have to figure it out by then. Convince me to get it, OP.

Who's your favorite SeHa?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Great job on the OP! Been a while but it finally came through.

I recall seeing an interview where IFI admitted they have no clue how to localize the meme in the zombies game and just gave up. Going from there... the gently caress is a DQN? Looking it up, it just means internet dumbass?
Also, while I love her VA, Tamsoft, Capcom and MAGES. all sound the exact same now and it's getting a bit silly.
Enjoying the fake b-movie scenes though.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 14, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Who's your favorite SeHa?

Saturn, of course.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Saoshyant posted:

Saturn, of course.

There is plenty of Saturn in it, she's teamed up with Nep, and since Segami can transform into SeHa characters too, you can have two Saturns.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

You make a good case.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

HGH posted:

I recall seeing an interview where IFI admitted they have no clue how to localize the meme in the zombies game and just gave up. Going from there... the gently caress is a DQN? Looking it up, it just means internet dumbass?

Not internet dumbass specifically, someone lacking any and all common sense. The kind of people who try to name their kids using emoji

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tamsoft is a loving liar.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I started playing Nep1 on vita and the first dungeon/forest tells me there's an "Event!" on the map but I can't find anything in the entire dungeon except for weak enemies. Pls help

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Katana Gomai posted:

I started playing Nep1 on vita and the first dungeon/forest tells me there's an "Event!" on the map but I can't find anything in the entire dungeon except for weak enemies. Pls help

Any time there's an Event space in a dungeon, there should be an Event marker. If not, it might be something like a quest. Check out the Quests in the Guild, and see if there's something for you there. The Event might be denoting where those story quest enemies are.

It's been a while since I played Nep 1, so I'm a bit lacking in context.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
blanc looks cute + cool in the beret, praise be to zombie game redesigns

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Luceid posted:

blanc looks cute + cool in the beret, praise be to zombie game redesigns

All the characters in the zombie game look good, though Tamsoft looks like a bit of a mess. Upgrade her with the cowboy hat for maximum effect.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

All the characters in the zombie game look good, though Tamsoft looks like a bit of a mess. Upgrade her with the cowboy hat for maximum effect.

So she's a Oneechanbara reference?

Man, it sucks that Marvy is absent in a Senran Kagura ripoff.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So she's a Oneechanbara reference?

did you read the op, daifan420

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Takoluka posted:

Walletcrushersaver Nep

quote:

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies DLC: Dengeki Blazer - Free
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies DLC: Platinum Blaster - Free
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies DLC: Support Character 'Nepgya' - Free

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation (Steam) - $8.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (Steam) - $17.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1-3 Collection (Steam) - $49.99

Got some deals for you guys. Mostly Steam stuff, but I figured I'd include the free Blanc DLC.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Why is Nepgya a thing :geno:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I like Nepgya, but only when she doesn't cost extra money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Why is Nepgya a thing :geno:
The artist was going back home when the director told her to draw 30 Nepgears.
She proceeded to draw them all with that face.
Alternatively, "leftover funny face components".