Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I like the game but the spike in expectation that planets cause coupled with what feels like really slow fan growth at that stage (even if any new planet's population is INSTANTLY guaranteed to be playing the game from the second I get to them) just killed a lot of my excitement. Did all the challenges before the (first?) bug one and I just cba to grind fans in a given run and reach it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

I like the game but the spike in expectation that planets cause coupled with what feels like really slow fan growth at that stage (even if any new planet's population is INSTANTLY guaranteed to be playing the game from the second I get to them) just killed a lot of my excitement. Did all the challenges before the (first?) bug one and I just cba to grind fans in a given run and reach it.

It's counter-intuitive but currently you can't lose fans and still gain fans from absolutely poo poo games so at a point it's optimal to just release games at 10% or less fan expectation to pump fans.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm enjoying Evolve but the name and prestige system mean that when I google "evolve crispr upgrade list" I get scholarly journals about genetics

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

dipple posted:

It's counter-intuitive but currently you can't lose fans and still gain fans from absolutely poo poo games so at a point it's optimal to just release games at 10% or less fan expectation to pump fans.

I don't really find the release+delete active spamming terribly compelling tbh, a little bit of it feels needed to round off Earth's base 7.5B fans and that's something I can live with but if it becomes the optimal way to get fans then yeah, I'm out.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Buzkashi posted:

I'm enjoying Evolve but the name and prestige system mean that when I google "evolve crispr upgrade list" I get scholarly journals about genetics

even if this weren't true there's almost nothing out there

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Buzkashi posted:

Evolve idle will get you better results. That said almost nothing is being researched publicly that I could find when I looked last month, just people asking about a wiki and the dev replying that they were going to make one (they did).

It's extremely barebones and basically just race / trait list

https://github.com/pmotschmann/Evolve/wiki

The upgrades are pretty straight forward though the one to the right in the tech tree the storage is storage and kind of ends and the build factor appears to be an infinite upgrade plasmid sink so far.

Evolve is a good game if you don't mind the run time being in days or weeks. It's too slow for a lot of people which is fine, they find it too active. Reddit is just full of idiots that burn through idle games, it's fine actually being idle you don't need to do 3 runs every day, they are just going to progress 30 times faster it's fine the dev is going slower than even a week long run timer will run into problems.

It's also really early in development and has a ton of content for being so early I'm excited to see how it plays out.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 1, 2019

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
(but if you actually want it to go faster I figured out how to speed the ticks up without just editing in the prestige currency)

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm just really amused by how minor the difference in stats each race/species gets, but how it really impacts your perception of the little world you're building. I can see a bunch of fungus professors studying and centaur entertainers doing plays on a stage in my head.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
The bonuses are mostly crap (i haven't hit any of the fancy post space races) and some of the drawbacks are enormous. Like getting 1 soldier per barracks instead of 2. And some of them are just annoying as piss like fungus and their "haha you'll never get us to breed" weather poo poo that just means you have to sit there staring at your civics page for 5 minutes.

The game is riddled with puzzlingly bad designs so I guess it really is kitten's successor

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Garfu posted:

(but if you actually want it to go faster I figured out how to speed the ticks up without just editing in the prestige currency)

For Evolve? How?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I'm stuck in NGU and have been for like a month. I am currently farming greasy nerd normal(barely) and I just can't get the stats to even manually farm Meta. I have done just about everything I can think of to get more adventure stats.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Peachfart posted:

I'm stuck in NGU and have been for like a month. I am currently farming greasy nerd normal(barely) and I just can't get the stats to even manually farm Meta. I have done just about everything I can think of to get more adventure stats.

The discord's been pretty useful whenever I get stuck or have questions, but I'm not far enough to comment myself on that part.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Peachfart posted:

It's a wall for sure. Quirks, perks, hacks, ngus anything you can to up them. I remember it taking me a long time as well.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Kyrosiris posted:

For Evolve? How?

(for chrome)
1. Load the page
2. Located evolve.js in the devconsole
3. Place a breakpoint at line 4: switch (data.loop) {
4. Reload the page
5. Hover over 'data' and change 'period:' to 25 (lowest I found that still works and doesn't lockup the game after a while)
6. Click resume script execution, or press F8
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 two more times for each type of loop (main, which handles the evolution stage, mid, which handles mostly everything else, and long, which handles the day cycles and some other stuff)

You'll have to repeat this every time you prestige. Or make a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script to do it for you.

edit: the reason you can't just edit an interval is because the evolve.js worker is generated on page load. So not as easy as just setting an interval like in kittens game.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 1, 2019

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Buzkashi posted:

Code diving is the only way to get a list. With that said:
code:
Cost Reduction Line - Unlocked at first reset, each requires the former.
-Genetic Memory: 25 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.01
-Animus: 75 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.02
-Divine Remembrance: 225 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.03
-Divine Proportion: 618 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.04
-Genetic Repository: 999 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.05

Storage Line - Unlocked at first reset
-Spatial Reasoning: 50 Plasmid - Plasmids boost storage space
-Spatial Superiority: 125 Plasmid - Plasmid storage effect +50%
-Spatial Supremacy: 325 Plasmid - Plasmid storage effect +33%
-Dimensional Warping: 500 Plasmid - Both phage and plasmids apply the spatial reasoning bonus

Evolution Line - Unlocked at first reset
-Morphogenesis: 10 Plasmid - Decreases evolution costs
-Recombination: 35 Plasmid - Gain a minor trait when evolving

Synthesis Line - Requires Morphogenesis
-Synthesis: 25 Plasmid - Gain 2x genes from genome mutation and 10% more from auto sequencing
-Karyokinesis: 40 Plasmid - Gain 3x genes from genome mutation and 25% more from auto sequencing
-Cytokinesis: 55 Plasmid - Gain 4x genes from genome mutation and 50% more from auto sequencing

Birth Rate Line - Requires Morphogenesis. Only one so far.
-Replication: 65 Plasmid - Increases Birth Rate

Crafting Line - Requires Morphogenesis
-Artificer: 45 Plasmid - Craftsman trigger twice a month
-Detail Oriented: 90 Plasmid - Auto crafting produces 50% more product
-Rigorous: 135 Plasmid - Auto crafting produces 100% more product

Challenge Line - Unlocked at first reset
-Hardened Genes: 5 Plasmid - Unlocks challenge traits
-Unlocked: 50 Plasmid - Achievements grant a small production bonus

Religion Line 
-Ancients - Requires Recombination: 120 Plasmid - Unlocks second tier religion upgrades
-Transcendence - Requires Genetic Repository and an unknown 'locked' requirement. Probable future content: 1500 Plasmid - Can unlock both fanaticism and anthropology
That's all of the crispr upgrades currently in the code.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 1, 2019

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Rynoto posted:

Code diving is the only way to get a list. With that said:
code:
The Cost Reduction Line - Unlocked at first reset, each requires the former.
-Genetic Memory: 25 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.01
-Animus: 75 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.02
-Divine Remembrance: 225 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.03
-Divine Proportion: 618 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.04
-Genetic Repository: 999 Plasmid - Reduces cost creep by 0.05

The Storage Line - Unlocked at first reset
-Spatial Reasoning: 50 Plasmid - Plasmids boost storage space
-Spatial Superiority: 125 Plasmid - Plasmid storage effect +50%
-Spatial Supremacy: 325 Plasmid - Plasmid storage effect +33%
-Dimensional Warping: 500 Plasmid - Both phage and plasmids apply the spatial reasoning bonus

The Evolution Line - Unlocked at first reset
-Morphogenesis: 10 Plasmid - Decreases evolution costs
-Recombination: 35 Plasmid - Gain a minor trait when evolving

The Synthesis Line - Requires Morphogenesis
-Synthesis: 25 Plasmid - Gain 2x genes from genome mutation and 10% more from auto sequencing
-Karyokinesis: 40 Plasmid - Gain 3x genes from genome mutation and 25% more from auto sequencing
-Cytokinesis: 55 Plasmid - Gain 4x genes from genome mutation and 50% more from auto sequencing

Birth Rate Line - Requires Morphogenesis. Only one so far.
-Replication: 65 Plasmid - Increases Birth Rate

The Crafting Line - Requires Morphogenesis
-Artificer: 45 Plasmid - Craftsman trigger twice a month
-Detail Oriented: 90 Plasmid - Auto crafting produces 50% more product
-Rigorous: 135 Plasmid - Auto crafting produces 100% more product

Challenge Line - Unlocked at first reset
-Hardened Genes: 5 Plasmid - Unlocks challenge traits
-Unlocked: 50 Plasmid - Achievements grant a small production bonus

The Religion Line 
-Ancients - Requires Recombination: 120 Pla smid - Unlocks second tier religion upgrades
-Transcendence - Requires Genetic Repository and an unknown 'locked' requirement. Probable future content: 1500 Plasmid - Can unlock both fanaticism and anthropology
That's all of the crispr upgrades currently in the code.

Oh wow I'm actually mostly done save for the last two cost factors

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Garfu posted:

(for chrome)
1. Load the page
4. Reload the page
5. Hover over 'data' and change 'period:' to 25 (lowest I found that still works and doesn't lockup the game after a while)
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 two more times for each type of loop (main, which handles the evolution stage, mid, which handles mostly everything else, and long, which handles the day cycles and some other stuff)

You'll have to repeat this every time you prestige. Or make a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script to do it for you.

edit: the reason you can't just edit an interval is because the evolve.js worker is generated on page load. So not as easy as just setting an interval like in kittens game.

Oh man that makes things so much nicer. Too bad I'm too dumb to put together a tampermonkey script to do it. :downs:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Garfu posted:

(for chrome)
1. Load the page
4. Reload the page

You'll have to repeat this every time you prestige.

:eyepop:

Garfu posted:

Or make a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script to do it for you.
:f5:

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Eldercain posted:

Oh wow I'm actually mostly done save for the last two cost factors

Same, so I’ve started working on mastery-by-stars. A friend has gone harder on space & they say the hellworld races are pretty fun as well.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone played idling to rule the gods? does that game add anything interesting at some point?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Blast of Confetti posted:

anyone played idling to rule the gods? does that game add anything interesting at some point?

It's the game NGU took and improved the formula on.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cant play ngu. phone only. ill uninstall though. its real boring

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm sitting at about 400 plasmid in Evolve, when is a good time to pick Fanaticism and go for space?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Buzkashi posted:

I'm sitting at about 400 plasmid in Evolve, when is a good time to pick Fanaticism and go for space?

I did it with less and it wasn't too brutal. Note that space prestige plasmids give a much larger return based on spent knowledge, so while you're pushing at the end build up your super collider as much as possible. My last reset was 289 and 22 phage, vs about 120 for a MAD reset.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Plasimds have a soft cap of 250 and extreme diminishing returns after 450, you are probably ready for space. These are extended by the space currency.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Is there an optimal race/Fanatacism race combo or just go for it?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I got to the Time Studies section of Antimatter Dimensions which is the extremely slow endgame part and there isn't anything after those anyway, so I'm jumping back into NGU with a clean save.

Cool portraits

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Buzkashi posted:

Is there an optimal race/Fanatacism race combo or just go for it?

Antid, typically, because hivemind hits its stride around the time you're entering space. There's a bit of an initial hump for early game food but it's fairly mitigated by your plasmid count.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Playing a bit of Evolve again, got Sporgars. I guess it's nice that you get population from war but holy gently caress that dark purple on a dark background is nigh impossible to read.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

GrossMurpel posted:

Playing a bit of Evolve again, got Sporgars. I guess it's nice that you get population from war but holy gently caress that dark purple on a dark background is nigh impossible to read.

You can change the theme under settings. I have to use colorblind mode because, well, I'm colorblind.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

You can change the theme under settings. I have to use colorblind mode because, well, I'm colorblind.

Yeah but even in colorblind mode it's like very greyish-green on a dark background. The only one where it has enough contrast is light mode and that burns my eyeballs even more than trying to read the purple text.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I just realized i never clicked the button for Brutal Greasy Nerd, meaning i have been killing Hard Nerd and missing out on rewards for something like 3 months now...

gently caress

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
So I decided to play NGU again after ignoring it for like half a year or more, and I decided on a Hard Reset so I'd start from the beginning

I guess my big question is "why do I hate myself"

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I think we discussed that in this thread before but there's definitely nothing weird about hard resetting games you haven't played in a while. It's tough to figure out what your immediate goals are off an old save and the entire point is watching numbers go up anyway, might as well watch them go up from scratch.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Space stuff in Evolve seems pretty underwhelming so far? Like, I bust my rear end to make a colony and a BioDome and I'm rewarded with ... 2 food production. I like this game but it's sort of obtuse sometimes.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Buzkashi posted:

Space stuff in Evolve seems pretty underwhelming so far? Like, I bust my rear end to make a colony and a BioDome and I'm rewarded with ... 2 food production. I like this game but it's sort of obtuse sometimes.

I have no idea why the biodome exists. Maybe it's worth it if you have 100 colonists or something, but by then why haven't you launched your seedship?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Ineptitude posted:

I just realized i never clicked the button for Brutal Greasy Nerd, meaning i have been killing Hard Nerd and missing out on rewards for something like 3 months now...

gently caress

By rewards, do you mean equipment? Because if not, the xp/gold/etc. are the same between versions unless you have the wish that scales rewards, which is relatively new.

If you mean equipment though, then :rip:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I have no idea why the biodome exists. Maybe it's worth it if you have 100 colonists or something, but by then why haven't you launched your seedship?

For the achievement and being able to turn every windmill to power at the cost of one slot that scales per colonist. Realistically though by the time you're doing consistent space runs the multiplier is high enough that it doesn't make a meaningful difference, yeah.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Well, that's a dumb achievement I hadn't picked up yet because the building itself has never been useful. You'd think it trigger on actually having a Colonist active instead!

The issue with the Biodome is that it's competing against other Red Planet buildings requiring Support for a resource that's only marginally useful, in a section of the game where you already over produce through no fault of your own. As for the rest, going from best to worst..

- Ziggurats don't require Support but they maintain He3/Oil levels from your space mining for more Support through Spaceports
- Living Quarters provide more mans for stronger multipliers
- Fabrication provides much more Crafting percentage than the tooltip suggests
- Factory does a smaller similar boost, requires no Support in return for power/He3
- Mining eventually gets you more Titanium than you would if your Smelter is set to full Steel, very useful for the Super Collider (at level 87 now, uggggh)
- Exotic Materials Lab is for breaking into Elerium research and then dropped forever
- Why are you looking at Marine Garrison if maybe for 2/3rds of a Plasmid per?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

space is really underdeveloped and they should work on it way more