Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

...Biodomes might be useful for No-Plasmid Balor Challenge runs?
I found they tend to be a bit strapped for cash even with plasmid, and the biodomes good helped supplying tourist centers to compensate for that.
(Mind, they also helped do the same on other races, but it's most notable on the Balor given everyone else having access to trade money.)

Another that came up was the scenario of simply having a great deal of support, and not enough resources to build things other than biodomes; so they can work as something to use support while saving up for more useful structures.
(At which point, assuming yet more support isn't obtained, the biodomes can be unplugged for other more useful buildings.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Enigma posted:

By rewards, do you mean equipment? Because if not, the xp/gold/etc. are the same between versions unless you have the wish that scales rewards, which is relatively new.

If you mean equipment though, then :rip:

Ah, i thought xp/pp scaled with the tier of the titan.

Im fine with missing out on the equipment, glancing at their stats in the wiki it doesn't look like ill be replacing anything i currently wear for them.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Evolve

How long does it normally take to break the space research barrier ><. I think ive prestiged a few times, but the plasmid buys really dont seem to help as much as the plasmids themsleves atm.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Meskhenet posted:

Evolve

How long does it normally take to break the space research barrier ><. I think ive prestiged a few times, but the plasmid buys really dont seem to help as much as the plasmids themsleves atm.

Plasmid bonuses soft cap at 250 + Phage, then hit a near full stop at 500 + Phage so you should never go under those. You'll want to do your first space finish after unlocking a few creep reductions, storage bonuses, and second tier religion.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
NGU: I've been out of the loop but I saw that it is now fully implemented at Kartridge, which is looking much nicer as well, so I'm giving it a spin. I suppose that it'll run at 100% efficiency unless I have the window minimized but, aside from that, is there anything I should be wary of?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Idle Idlegame Dev

Am I not better off never unlocking Code Structuring? It demands a pile of resources and I'm not sure what it adds. There's no tooltip on the 'buy' button for the upgrade.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Merijn posted:

Idle Idlegame Dev

Am I not better off never unlocking Code Structuring? It demands a pile of resources and I'm not sure what it adds. There's no tooltip on the 'buy' button for the upgrade.

Adding features slows down the speed of programming due to unstructured code. Code structuring mitigates that penalty, similar to how bug elimination mitigates the quality penalty.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

NGU: I've been out of the loop but I saw that it is now fully implemented at Kartridge, which is looking much nicer as well, so I'm giving it a spin. I suppose that it'll run at 100% efficiency unless I have the window minimized but, aside from that, is there anything I should be wary of?

no cloud saves on Kart, but then again the local/backup saves are all saved to your pc and you can copy them/back them up personally wherever.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Merijn posted:

Idle Idlegame Dev

And to add to what Kyrosiris said already, that slowdown is happening with features whether or not you have structuring unlocked. It's better to deal with it than to leave it alone.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Samuringa posted:

NGU:I suppose that it'll run at 100% efficiency unless I have the window minimized but, aside from that, is there anything I should be wary of?

Actually because it's not in a browser and the reason for the slowdown is browsers. You can minimize the full application with zero slowdowns. Enjoy.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Evolve I am early in game and haven't prestiged yet, but I am hitting a giant Titanium wall. Am I missing something or is this part of the game just mostly selling poo poo to buy titanium on the market while it only grows at 1.02/s?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah you want to be dumping all your money into buying titanium, and really all the resources that unlock after it.

Don't forget your trade routes, the Reddit script for auto marketing is helpful too.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Trimps just got a major new version -- 5.0. New universe which is basically a whole new trimps game, kind of similar to normal -> evil mode in NGU.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

I just realized i never clicked the button for Brutal Greasy Nerd, meaning i have been killing Hard Nerd and missing out on rewards for something like 3 months now...

gently caress

Oops, same except I never moved it past Easy! These new accessories seem like they could have helped my long climb to godmother, huh :drum:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Reformed Pissboy posted:

Oops, same except I never moved it past Easy! These new accessories seem like they could have helped my long climb to godmother, huh :drum:

so what you are saying is you need a warning light when you are like 2x the adventure stats of the autokill of the next level of a titan

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

pixaal posted:

so what you are saying is you need a warning light when you are like 2x the adventure stats of the autokill of the next level of a titan

I'd spend AP on this, yes, same for a "you are idling on your max ITOPOD floor, dumbass" warning light.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Reformed Pissboy posted:

I hear ya!

Thankfully i only need like 2% of my resources to BB all NGUs now so im not really missing out on much as that fancy NGU accessory from Nerd v4 is going to remain unused

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

Any developments on a possible osx cartridge release for NGU?

Also the evolve dev is actively making commits to greatly extend space but is going to release it as a big update

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

I'd spend AP on this, yes, same for a "you are idling on your max ITOPOD floor, dumbass" warning light.

ah poo poo

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Gay Hitler posted:

Any developments on a possible osx cartridge release for NGU?

Also the evolve dev is actively making commits to greatly extend space but is going to release it as a big update

In before 3rd way of prestiging: building a clever enough AI to simulate another Universe.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

oldskool posted:

ah poo poo

I feel like a monumental dumbass every single time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

oldskool posted:

ah poo poo

Kyrosiris posted:

You're among friends. We've all been there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

No that might be the 4th but they already laid the ground work for the AI apocalypse with all the flavor text that has to come before the good AI outcome.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why is there no way to make this script for evolve stop making genes

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Aurora posted:

why is there no way to make this script for evolve stop making genes

Are you sure it's the script? There's a research that does exactly that and is intended for when you complete the entire tech tree and hit max knowledge in 30 seconds but have nothing to spend it on.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah there's a toggle button for it on the genetics page.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The OP could probably use an update, there's been a lot of changes in idle games in the last 3 years.
The games on there have outdated screenshots (realm grinder old UI)
NGU is missing and is clearly a thread favorite

SwarmSim classic should probably be added to historical or some other category, but maybe a list of story games like crank as well, because crank is a good few days.

Evolve has the potential to be OP worthy but it's going to need more updates and prove it's going to stick around because it's pretty light on content right now.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

pixaal posted:

The OP could probably use an update, there's been a lot of changes in idle games in the last 3 years.
The games on there have outdated screenshots (realm grinder old UI)
NGU is missing and is clearly a thread favorite

SwarmSim classic should probably be added to historical or some other category, but maybe a list of story games like crank as well, because crank is a good few days.

Evolve has the potential to be OP worthy but it's going to need more updates and prove it's going to stick around because it's pretty light on content right now.

Whatever happens, new OP better not dare remove Shark game

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Xtanstic posted:

Whatever happens, new OP better not dare remove Shark game

not an emptyquote at all

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I was suggesting additions to the OP not a redo :colbert: Shark Game is perfect and complete it needs no additional content

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

We can't prestige yet, I'm really close to a shitposting breakpoint.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I don't mind doing another OP since the current OP doesn't post here. I have never done a followup thread though, do I :justpost: or ask a mod orrrr????

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

:justpost: but be sure to get the right tag first try otherwise you will need to ask a mod reload an earlier save.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

1. Generally post a draft in thread give a date in thread then
2. post the new thread,
3. link it as a reply in the current thread
4. Report current thread with the reason "new thread lock please"

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

pixaal posted:

2. post the new thread,

4 sounds very Jeb!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

It works best when other posters can comment on and help with the OP then you give a switch over date and make it happen

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

pixaal posted:

2. post the new thread,

I support this, too!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

How much rebirth currency is Eldercains new blue username going to be worth then?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

How much rebirth currency is Eldercains new blue username going to be worth then?

Assuming an standard

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

progression it's a 5th order currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ineptitude posted:

sorry to get your hopes up but i'm not worth a whole lot tbh i'd probably be on sale at a flea market or thrift store or such as that