Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
The new version of Falco's line never really sat too well with me...

His old "I'll take the sky any day" seems to fit him better. And I think it rolls off the tongue better, too.

On the flip side, this Titania was a whole lot better. It's not Macbeth, though! :argh:

Edit: Update at the end of the last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zushio
May 8, 2008
This was a pretty good level, I always liked the Landmaster stages.

Also, the Japanese fascination with Nazis and Rommel makes itself known with that stage title. You mentioned Venom being Nazis, but maybe we are.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Careful there, Maple Leaf, you're starting to sound a little jaded.

The level looked decent, though I'm still not really a fan of the Landmaster. At first I thought all the debris falling down was from the space battle that had just happened. It would've been a cool touch if the bigger pillars were actually some of the gunships that you shot down in the previous level. Oh well.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Sector γ

Episode 11: Run 2

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I assume Slippy got hit by the missile's explosion; nothing else really makes sense.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

But he's on the opposite side of the map, and he "died" well after the explosion anyway!

My best guess, based on his position (way out at the edge of nowhere), is that his AI had some pathing error or something, causing him to fly in one direction forever, until he hit a kill plane and the game redirected him back to the Great Fox.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Slipy must go now his people need him.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

We wish.

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
Slippy just wanted to take his break. Since he's a tech guy, he just pulled a non-essential wire that made his ship activate its alarms saying he was going down. Easy as pie. Went in to go get some french flies.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think the colour of the lines on the level map depend on whether you got Mission Complete or Mission Accomplished.

Pretty sure the lines are just red if you beat the level normally, and yellow/orange for meeting the special accomplished criteria.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

OmegaCake posted:

Slippy just wanted to take his break. Since he's a tech guy, he just pulled a non-essential wire that made his ship activate its alarms saying he was going down. Easy as pie. Went in to go get some french flies.

Slippy is my spirit animal for this very reason.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Crawfish posted:

I think the colour of the lines on the level map depend on whether you got Mission Complete or Mission Accomplished.

Pretty sure the lines are just red if you beat the level normally, and yellow/orange for meeting the special accomplished criteria.

It's actually one of the things I don't like about Zero compared to Lylat Wars. There's really no way to fail a level aside from not beating Wolf fast enough in Sector Beta. Any other potential fail condition either forces a retry or doesn't change your destination, where missing conditions and having to take an easier path was one of the core elements in Lylat Wars. Plus, it basically makes the difference between Mission Complete and Mission Accomplished null.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, the Titania boss gives me a lot of trouble and Gamma is a mess. You make it look easy.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Fichina

Episode 12: Run 2

Fachīna

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

This is the Superman story that was being referenced in the video btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo2KB1dEDdk

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Sonofabitch, you beat me. Anyway, if you heard Smith's story, it's a pretty scathing indictment of the producer. There's a documentary about the failed production of Superman Lives and they interview John Peters who admits to practically everything in Smith's story. The only thing he denies is calling Superman's cape "faggy."

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

This is a great watch. Thanks for pointing it out!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

That's not how you spell Geez Louise!

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

My route for the third run has me doing the dogfight against Andrew and Pigma right off the bat, but I can't seem to get the trigger for them to spawn. I've done everything the internet says I need to do, and I got the one versus Wolf, but the other one just isn't showing up no matter what. I'm thinking I may have soft-locked the game.

It's not a tremendous deal, I have an older save backed up I can use instead, it just kind of ruins the immersion of completing the game in an LP :shrug:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Maple Leaf posted:

My route for the third run has me doing the dogfight against Andrew and Pigma right off the bat, but I can't seem to get the trigger for them to spawn. I've done everything the internet says I need to do, and I got the one versus Wolf, but the other one just isn't showing up no matter what. I'm thinking I may have soft-locked the game.

It's not a tremendous deal, I have an older save backed up I can use instead, it just kind of ruins the immersion of completing the game in an LP :shrug:

I could be incredibly mistaken, but I thought they opened up after completing Sector Omega. At least, that's what my half-assed memory is telling me.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Explosionface posted:

I could be incredibly mistaken, but I thought they opened up after completing Sector Omega. At least, that's what my half-assed memory is telling me.

I think you might have to beat the game once before they appear, that's how it triggered for me at least.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Sector α

Episode 13: Run 3

Wolfen

Episode 13: Run 3

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Looks might pixalted to me mister Maple almost like your trying to hide something.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Preposterous. I'm the most honest guy I know. Get out of my thread.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

cokerpilot posted:

Looks might pixalted to me mister Maple almost like your trying to hide something.

Dude it looked fine. Maple's not trying to hide anything it was probably youtube dropping your resolution.

Nothing suspicious at all.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Maple Leaf posted:

Preposterous. I'm the most honest guy I know. Get out of my thread.

Yeah, look at these jerks attacking you for their crappy computers.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I found the Wolfen level to be pretty hard if you don't have the amiibo. It's a short level, but if you're going for the medals, it can take a lot of tries. The walker can be really useful here because of its lock-on but it does leave you vulnerable when you're out in space.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Wow...
I am in awe over this. Complete, unbridled awe. Is John Peters a total psycho, or just a professional troll? Or both?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Area Three

Episode 14: Run 3

Meteo

Episode 14: Run 3

It is absolutely Olive Branch's fault that this video is as late as it is. Ideally, there shouldn't be any more delays between now and the end of the game. Ideally.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Wasn't Area Three the level with the big robot monkey? What happened with that? Does that just get replaced with Andrew if you enter the level from a specific route?

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Yep. We entered Area Three via a portal today, and the "traditional" way to get there is through Sector alpha. Zoness is the same way.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Welcome back.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ah, I see that Maple Leaf suffers from the same problem as Ruth from the Pirates of Penzance.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Samovar posted:

Ah, I see that Maple Leaf suffers from the same problem as Ruth from the Pirates of Penzance.
I admit I had to look this one up. But, as Maple says, perhaps Fox is a pirate. I mean, he is a mercenary and he pretty much has the right to blow poo poo up in space. You could even consider him a privateer!

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Arrrgh, I was gonna make a Pirates of Penzance joke.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I remember the Area 3 hits medal giving me some trouble, until I discovered the power of hitting the brakes.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Titania

Episode 15: Run 3

Salvadora

Episode 15: Run 3

The end is in sight!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
I love that the only difference between Fox and Peppy is :byodood: "barrel roll! barrel roll! barrel roll! barrel roll!" :byodood:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

No one has the heart to tell Peppy they're actually aileron rolls. I mean look at how excited he is to be doing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So that mission is only there because Peppy is a meme, isn't it? Because DO A BARREL ROLL is?

That's...something, alright.

BARREL ROLL

• Locked thread