Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

This game is great. I still like 64 more, but this is the first time that's been challenged. I turn around and somersault too much on accident and mess up a lot with the gyro aiming.

The best part is actually the co-op. I can fly exactly as I need to while my buddy kills everything that exists. It has some fun moments itself.
"Hey, I can't shoot the thing!"
"I can't see where we're going because of the cutscene here on the TV!"

Then we manage to kill stuff anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Bruceski posted:

May as well crosspost from the Games thread, I just picked up SF0 and did the walker training mission. Using the right stick to rotate for the platforming medal collection had me repeatedly rolling off as I accidentally double-tap. Is there some trick to make that mistake less often, or just getting used to it?

Same for flying around while targeting locked like the first boss; it's taking some getting used to and I just want to make sure I'm not missing a trick to make it easier.

You just have to get used to the walker being weird like that. What I hate is that unless you're holding ZL, the left stick also turns (and walks forward) instead of strafe like it should.

On bosses that force target lock, you can still used the cockpit view for lining things up. Either look down or use - to switch the cockpit view onto the TV

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

As a one-off thing, I don't mind Zoness. If there were more, it would become much more of a problem. Also, I just kind of liked finding all the different ways to kill the big bots.

Kind of like how I don't really like Aquas in 64 because it's completely mindless and a waste of time to just hit A + B + R repeatedly until the stage is over, but as a one-off, it's just fine in the game. I can always go a different way if I want to.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Maple Leaf posted:

My route for the third run has me doing the dogfight against Andrew and Pigma right off the bat, but I can't seem to get the trigger for them to spawn. I've done everything the internet says I need to do, and I got the one versus Wolf, but the other one just isn't showing up no matter what. I'm thinking I may have soft-locked the game.

It's not a tremendous deal, I have an older save backed up I can use instead, it just kind of ruins the immersion of completing the game in an LP :shrug:

I could be incredibly mistaken, but I thought they opened up after completing Sector Omega. At least, that's what my half-assed memory is telling me.

• Locked thread