Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawk
Mar 31, 2013

There is nothing good about Zoness in Star Fox Zero. It is a helicopter stealth mission in the midst of a rail shooter. It features an annoying side-companion to be deployed every two or three minutes in order to be the level.

Zoness is a shitpile. It's terrible level of game design shoved in a game which largely succeeds off its middling game design. There's really no defense for Zoness, it's slow, cold garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Anybody who likes the Water Temple, much like anybody who likes this level, are about as worthwhile in a conversation about Zelda's strengths/weaknesses as a Dave Matthews Band fan is worthwhile in a conversation about modern rock. You might hold an opinion that others detest, but that doesn't make your minority viewpoint legitimate, it just means you like an objectively lovely thing that only serves to bring down what it is attached to, with zero drawbacks to deleting it from existence.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I'm sure you can have many meaningful conversations by refusing to engage with anyone who does not already agree with you.

I'm willing to defend, and talk about defending, some real stupid poo poo in video games, but trying to seriously argue that the water temple or zoness are good things is outright stupid. Nothing is gained by having them included, the game is outright better by just removing them with nothing to replace them. They're pacing failures, implementation failures, and actively detrimental to the replay-value of the game. Zoness is the point that I put this game down for a couple days, and the major reason why I'm probably not going to play it again.

Motto posted:

The Water Temple is fine, it's the equipment UI that it forces you to constantly dive in and out of that sucks; an issue that was entirely remedied in the 3DS version.

The 3DS version takes maybe a nail or two out of the coffin, but the water dungeon's major failing isn't the constant re-equipping of the iron boots, it's the newcomer's constant fiddling with water levels. It absolutely destroys the dungeon pacing in an otherwise well-paced game, and even as a person who's played the game several times, it takes way longer with a magnitude more backtracking than any other dungeon in the game. It's just not good.

bawk fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 31, 2016

• Locked thread