Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Goons have returned to UO and are dominating once again in the name of Lowtax, obesity, and cheetodust. We are playing on UOForever(https://www.uoforever.com) – the only UO shard worth playing anymore, RIP Hybrid.

We are playing as EQMS again(for any of you who played with us before) and our focus is PVP, PKing, and drinking pubbie tears in game on on the UOF forums. If you’ve ever wanted to be a part of a goon force that is still dedicated to killing pubbies, taking all their poo poo, and then talking poo poo to them after they rage, this is the game/guild for you.
Another great thing about UO and goons is that PVP fits our playstyle well – once you get a character built up(which takes about 1 day of afk macroing, funded by us) you can effectively contribute to our PVP efforts immediately(all you need to do is setup a few hotkeys). Yes, even if you’ve never played UO before, you will be killing the “l33t pvpers” on your first trip out into the field. If you have played UO before, you have a leg up in this race.

Heres the essential links:

https://www.uoforever.com – official server website
https://www.uoforum.com – official server forums(where we drink all the tears)

UOF launcher:

The staff has created a launcher that will download UO for you and update it. Getting this and running it is the first step setting up your UO.
http://www.uoforever.com/download.php

Clients to use:

Sallos -- http://www.uoforever.com/patches/Sallos/Sallos.zip -- this is the best client to use for PVP, its extremely simple(you will need to hotkey your spells and 2 or 3 targetting hotkeys) and easy to learn
UOSteam – http://uoredemption.com/upload/UOSteam104.exe -- an upgrade from Razor, this client is good for setting up macros to train characters or perform menial crafting tasks
Razor – the oldest and most well known client, it is pretty much a shittier outdated version of steam

A good guide for sallos can be found here: http://uoforum.com/threads/keiths-s...ge-guide.49547/

Guild information:

EQMS is the guild we play as and it’s a mix of pubbie who have paid 200k to join and goons who join for free obviously. If you check out the PVP forums, you will see endless threads crying about us which will give you an idea of the rape we have been giving pubbies.

We use mumble for VOIP:

IP: vc.dmgzone.com
Port 64738
pw britgy

We also use a series of skype group chats to coordinate our efforts, so adding me to skype will help you get involved.

How to PVP

Instead of writing out a big guide on how to play the game on here, we’d prefer to teach you over skype chat or voip. The basic idea is that we all group up, load a spell, and then cast the spell on the person closest to us using 1 hotkey to load the spell and 1 hot key to target/cast the spell. So easy a newb(goon) can do it.

Some battle videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4MgWYxbqB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4MgWYxbqB4

Summary: There is no game like UO when it comes to making pubbies rage. Goons are currently the most dominant guild on the server so joining in will get you insta access to pubbie rage and tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Even if you have no interest in PVP -- EQMS(the goon guild) has expanded significantly into PVE and could always use any PVE-centric players or even crafters trying to make us supplies(although we are quite self sufficient in stock/gear).

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
What happened in that gif? I wasn't aware of something like that even being possible in UO classic

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I need to get back into this. I lost interest after getting sick and forgetting to refresh my house which lost untold amounts of gold and rares.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

jabro posted:

I need to get back into this. I lost interest after getting sick and forgetting to refresh my house which lost untold amounts of gold and rares.

We have everything you need to play the game -- regs and pots for days and some start up gold if you need.

tor_blackblood
Feb 14, 2012

Where death seems to dwell...
Will definitely get this downloaded and set up after work. Very excited.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Why not Rel Por?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Why not Rel Por?

UOForever has by far the largest population of any freeshard out there -- UO kind of sucks when you are on a server with 11 people.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

FormerFatty posted:

UOForever has by far the largest population of any freeshard out there -- UO kind of sucks when you are on a server with 11 people.

I haven't looked in on UOForever in a couple years, I was just worried about the map being too big for the numbers it had. Looks like it's doing well. I'm in.

Rabbi
Nov 20, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHue-HaXXzg

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
haha guys go rape them pubbies :D

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

haha guys go rape them pubbies :D

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Is non-magic PvP basically worthless?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

SweetBro posted:

Is non-magic PvP basically worthless?

You mean like playing a dexxer? No, theyre less effective when PVP groups get large(more than 7 or 8 people) but aside from that, theyre basically OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j6W-hfCkHA

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Found the new thread!

fastbucks
May 31, 2007
Hey guys,

I just started on the server a month or so and was wondering if I could join the guild.

Thanks for the help.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

fastbucks posted:

Hey guys,

I just started on the server a month or so and was wondering if I could join the guild.

Thanks for the help.

Of course -- add me to skype: GluttonySDS

SoltoN
Jul 27, 2006
I'd love to get in on this too. I have a character half built from a while ago that I just started macroing up again. Would it be cool if I joined? -- sent you a skype message

SoltoN fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 20, 2016

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

Almost 12 years ago, UO owns.

:eyepop:

Strategy fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 20, 2016

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

Anyone know why \ doesn't let me guild chat when using Sallos?

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Fausty posted:

Anyone know why \ doesn't let me guild chat when using Sallos?

You have to put a space after it.

also "| space" for alliance chat.

All goons can join EQMS.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

FormerFatty posted:

Of course -- add me to skype: GluttonySDS

Sorry I'm only interested in playing if southern is.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Opinionated posted:

Sorry I'm only interested in playing if southern is.

Southern was just active a month or two ago before he got new job... he actually led our spy team and infiltrated a zerg guild led by defectors from EQMS that were hellbent on defeating us.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Ughhhuuuu not this again.

It always pulls me back. ALWAYS.

Apparently I briefly played UOF in the past, because I have a couple starter characters on two accounts. Did they used to only allow 3 chars and 2 accounts? Because thats what I seem to have.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Deuce posted:

Ughhhuuuu not this again.

It always pulls me back. ALWAYS.

Apparently I briefly played UOF in the past, because I have a couple starter characters on two accounts. Did they used to only allow 3 chars and 2 accounts? Because thats what I seem to have.

Yep. You are allowed 4 characters on 3 accounts now.

And you can add more characters to accounts at 1mil each, to a max of 7 chars per account.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Got wineskin working with uosteam + uo so I guess I'm playing again. For a new character on UOF should I go archer/provo? Currently macroing hiding and musicianship at the bank, but if there's a better alternative to starting fresh then I'll stop.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

bomb posted:

Got wineskin working with uosteam + uo so I guess I'm playing again. For a new character on UOF should I go archer/provo? Currently macroing hiding and musicianship at the bank, but if there's a better alternative to starting fresh then I'll stop.

Archer/Provo is definitely a low-cost and quick way to get started making money. And if you have a new account, abuse the hell out of the [New] player status. You keep your entire inventory on death, and can instaport to the brit bank at any time. (in combat, overweight, dead? no worries)

Got myself a recall rune to a rune library. Die -> Port back, hit healer (who will also give insta full heals to new players) recall back, Im farming again in about two minutes. I don't think other players can even attack you? Either that or the reds I ran into were chill dudes!

Be sure to keep an eye on skill totals and lock things up just under the cap to hang onto those benefits longer.

I've seen a lot of templates for B-Archer as:

Archery
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Music
Provo
Magery

But no resist seems odd to me, so I'm going to try out 75 magery, 85 healing, 85 anat, 55 resist.

Deuce fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 27, 2016

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Damnit why do free UO shards always have to have a ton of custom weird poo poo that I, personally, don't like. I wish more people would play on UO:Second Age. It is to UO as project1999 is to everquest, yet they have like 80 people at prime time while p99 has like 1200... sigh.

That being said I'll probably try this, what is the population like? OP seems to indicate it's decent but doesn't actually mention a number.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

bomb posted:

I tried them all and just as a heads up, Bootcamp is/was the best.

That being said, I'm using a Retina iMac, so not sure if that is true for laptops and everything else.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
From the forums:

quote:

Question - how do you know when a guild like eqms is affected aa gently caress?

Answer - when you say 1-2 simple things to them...and in return they send you like 10 replies afterwards within 3 hours LOL ! Talk about some affected ..stupid noobs in purple...

@Bobby123 you wanna hear something sad? Back when $ was a bit more active..although you guys didnt have as many people as eqms - you $illy $hitters put up more of a tough time for me to get champ rewards...whereas the eqmshitters have more than twice the people you guys had - and i can easily outsmart them out of loot from champs...its sad u know..with the amount of people eqms has - they should never lost a fight or be out-smarted..but it happens..quite often...just shows you - regardless of how many noobs in purple they have - it dont mean poo poo if 70% + of them are not too bright up in the head :rolleyes:

As for that screenshot @GluttonySDS - do you like bragging about alliance pking ? LOL !

Do you feel like a bad leader - when you cant control your members? U know they went ally pking 4-5 people across 2-3 alliance guilds at the time for no good reason..talk about a buncha scumbags ! LOL !

Do you think i gave a poo poo when you got kicked out of the alliance? LOL !

Do you think i feel sorry for you bc you keep trying to recruit even more players into that trash guild on the daily still? LOL !

Do you like bragging about people you gank and with pets when your opponent is on foot? LOL !

How did it feel to be the unwanted ones when u got kicked out of the alliance? LOL !

Do you like screwing over your own guildies that cant loot poo poo from idoc's until your "inner circle" gets to take the best of the best items from it first? LOL !

Does it piss u off - when your noobs in purple burn thru 1000's of regs a day to the point where your trying to ask 10mil from @Bobby123 to ally him so you can stock your butler for "only" the next 2 weeks? LOL !

Do you like knowing the fact that you have traitors and guild scammers in your guild like @Derwolf @Southernpride @Josh D @DubeeAshtray ..just to name a few... LOL !

Do you take pride in allowing all types of scum to join thy trashcan of a guild like @NiceBabyNcieNice @NicebabyNiceNcie who pks afk training bards at the table in deceit...whereas $ pks never stooped that low in the past? LOL !

Do you take pride in knowing about half your members have no loyalty to the guild tag and are only in eqms for loot and would screw over the guild and you at any chance they have? LOL !

Do you like bragging about how you won fights against EB.FS when you outnumbered them by over 5 usually and you even still resorting to using lame poo poo like storms idol? LOL !

How does it feel knowing that the majority of your members are scrubs that have less than 1mil in their banks? LOL !

How does it feel knowing that your almighty guildhouse aint nothing but a what - 10x9 or some poo poo? LOL !

Do you think if your noobs in purple quit dying so much that you wouldnt have to stock your butler ..whereas you would have a bigger guild house? Its not even a 18x18 .. LOL !

Good day, @GluttonySDS aka uofs biggest noob LOL !

-awaits 28 msgs from noobs in purple
In reply to this by the end of the hour-

#AFFECTEDPURPLETELETUBBIES

He's definitely not mad or anything....

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
You can tell that guy is in his 30's at the least because he still references teletubbies. And he still makes bitch rear end posts like that.

UO loving broke some people real bad.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Freakazoid_ posted:

You can tell that guy is in his 30's at the least because he still references teletubbies. And he still makes bitch rear end posts like that.

UO loving broke some people real bad.

This guy is broken as gently caress -- he paid us 5mil gold to ally his guild, started some drama with a diff guild in his alliance, we came in and killed everyone causing him to flip out and break the alliance and then his guild fell apart. SAAAAAALLLLLLTTTYY

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
He's not done yet!

quote:

Did you notice that he had no comment in reply to any of what i said? All he did was post a gif .. LOL !

Did you know that 96% of those purple teletubbies actually "think" that they are like actually good at pvp? LOL !

Did you know that when they zerg people on the daily 5+ vs 1 and laugh as they leave ... that in actuality most of their victims get the last laugh because they see how eqms has and needs to resort to ganking and outnumbering their opponents every fight bc they suck so much? LOL !

Did you know that the majority of them are too poor to stock themselves with pvp gear...and that it pisses gluttony off when he has to have the butler restocked all the drat time ? LOL !

Did you know that combined - archersnon owes some of their guild members over 1mil in gold, due to poker loses? LOL !

How does it feel knowing that it takes gluttony needing twice the amount of people that $ had.. To try to achoeve the same goals on this wizard game? LOL !

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Got it! Client issue was fixed.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 2, 2016

Ima Grip And Sip
Oct 19, 2014

:sherman:
In as Magic. Trying to get my poo poo straight.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Ima Grip And Sip posted:

In as Magic. Trying to get my poo poo straight.

Hahaha -- this man got to experience mumble last night.... albeit without archersnon :(

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

FormerFatty posted:

Hahaha -- this man got to experience mumble last night.... albeit without archersnon :(

Speaking of mumble, did the mumble info change? I've done a computer rebuild and trying to log in kicks back an error saying bad password or certificate

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Deuce posted:

Speaking of mumble, did the mumble info change? I've done a computer rebuild and trying to log in kicks back an error saying bad password or certificate

That's one of the joys of mumble. An admin has to reset your cert in the mumble server.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

jabro posted:

That's one of the joys of mumble. An admin has to reset your cert in the mumble server.

Yeah, I am now "Deuce" with a period on the end.

Not that it matters because I don't actually have a character in EQMS after two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Deuce posted:

Yeah, I am now "Deuce" with a period on the end.

Not that it matters because I don't actually have a character in EQMS after two weeks.

Need in? I can get you in tonight.

• Locked thread