Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shy
Mar 20, 2010

What is uo.com? Is it dead? Is it subscription only still? Do their client downloads work with other servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Shy posted:

What is uo.com? Is it dead? Is it subscription only still? Do their client downloads work with other servers?

If you're looking to play UO Forever, just use this:
http://www.uoforever.com/download.php

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I know that, I mean how that official thing compares.

Cataquack
Dec 14, 2003

Bumping for an invitation, in game name Fadge. Wish me luck milking pubbie tears

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Shy posted:

UO is managed by Electronic Arts, notorious for shutting down servers the minute they become not profitable so it says a lot that not only are the servers running but they have Broadsword actively working on content updates.

Don't know the state of the live servers, but it's at least doing well enough to keep EA from bringing down the axe.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Just wait til Broadsword completely changes the game like with daoc.

(No joke my autocorrect changed daoc to salt lmao)

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Hey goons is this group still super active. I havent played a free server since like 2010 and havent played regular uo since like 2002. I've been playing older games like wurm and really feeling some uo. I read through the wiki and was thinking of doing something standard like magery, med, eval, resist, wresting, anatomy, healing. Looks like this server buffs wrestling with anatomy so i figured healing mage is good. Is there anything better currently like inscription mage or poisoning mage?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Hey goons is this group still super active. I havent played a free server since like 2010 and havent played regular uo since like 2002. I've been playing older games like wurm and really feeling some uo. I read through the wiki and was thinking of doing something standard like magery, med, eval, resist, wresting, anatomy, healing. Looks like this server buffs wrestling with anatomy so i figured healing mage is good. Is there anything better currently like inscription mage or poisoning mage?

Yep -- we are still very active(and dominant) on UOF. Heal mage is a good choice for starting out as well.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
EQMS still runnin this?

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
Tried to join the Mumble but it saying incorrect password. Is it still britgy?

Ima Grip And Sip
Oct 19, 2014

:sherman:
The mumble server has been taking a poo poo the last few days. We're still playing.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I used to run a disarm thief in UO until I dunno 2002 or so. I am guessing disarm thief no longer viable but man I keep looking for the game that will let me level 1 lumberjack gang murder pubbies, and if UO still exists in some form or another and I can roll a character that can create pubbie grade salt and tears, I might just want in on it.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 15, 2016

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

I used to run a disarm thief in UO until I dunno 2002 or so. I am guessing disarm thief no longer viable but man I keep looking for the game that will let me level 1 lumberjack gang murder pubbies, and if UO still exists in some form or another and I can roll a character that can create pubbie grade salt and tears, I might just want in on it.

disarm thief is still very playable and fun, gank-murder also

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
What's this anti-macro thing on this shard? Can I still AFK poo poo like hiding and snooping overnight?

Also is this one of the free shards that has eyesores like neon weapons and mounts?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Oh, yeah, lord if you can't afk hiding/snooping/pickpocketing the disarm thief is a grind I'm not sure I have in me even 14 years later.

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one

Paramemetic posted:

Oh, yeah, lord if you can't afk hiding/snooping/pickpocketing the disarm thief is a grind I'm not sure I have in me even 14 years later.

They have dono skill balls but I don't know much about them.

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one

Books On Tape posted:

What's this anti-macro thing on this shard? Can I still AFK poo poo like hiding and snooping overnight?

Also is this one of the free shards that has eyesores like neon weapons and mounts?

Yes, you can afk for most things other than taming. No neon.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I notice you are using Skype and Mumble and not, say, Discord. Which is cool and all but where else can I contact you? I hate Skype forever and also Mumble although Mumble is probably installed.

Anyhow this game is installing, Sallos installed, planning to run a disarm thief and a PVP wizard or whatever is most aggravating to pubbies.

Disarm thief first. I used to run GM Stealth/Hide/Stealing/Snooping/Arms Lore/Wrestling and then 40 magic and 60 Anat and my god the salt I could generate even solo was like the purest Himalayan bullshit you can find in such as a lamp.

Enable and empower me to relive the spergiest days of my childhood, and there will be salt.

Edit: if your mumble has taken a poo poo seriously consider Discord, we're using it for Elite: Dangerous and it is real good, combines the best of IRC with the worst of Mumble for an extremely decent voice/text platform.

Edit2: I just read that at some point Arms Lore / Wrestling stopped being necessary for disarm? Tell me about this? Is this a pre-trammel shard or is it post whatever this "AoS" was?

Edit3: found a greatly worn small house near wherever the hell "young" players start, which isn't apparently the city you select, North-Northeast

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 19, 2016

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
Im on the UOF discord and we use discord for chat as well as backup VOIP.

Discord: GluttonySDS

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Got on the discord and PMd you. It looks like this server has power hour so I got both a disarm thief and a mage started. Since it's largely team gank do y'all mostly use dex mages with archery or standard halberd mage or did the world change in the last 13 years and we do something else?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Paramemetic posted:

Got on the discord and PMd you. It looks like this server has power hour so I got both a disarm thief and a mage started. Since it's largely team gank do y'all mostly use dex mages with archery or standard halberd mage or did the world change in the last 13 years and we do something else?

Any 5x mage(eval int, med, magery, resist, wrestling) will work for our style of play... the last 2 skills are upto you but id probably choose healing(anatomy/healing) hide stun(hiding/anatomy) for your first couple of chars as they are cheap and easy to make.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
Right on. I'm guessing hiding needs to be done using 8x8 on a boat?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Paramemetic posted:

Right on. I'm guessing hiding needs to be done using 8x8 on a boat?

Nah man, all skills are pretty much easy to gain except taming.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
I hit GM hiding overnight so can confirm. Owns.

Kinson
Nov 25, 2007

Working hard for the money.
Aww, man. I miss town stealing in UO and DPing noobs after ganking thier curing regs/bandages.

Loco179
May 18, 2008
Just joined up last night. Good times! I should be ready in a day or so to PvP.

Ima Grip And Sip
Oct 19, 2014

:sherman:
BUMP

Because I was told to

GLUTT is the best

Ima Grip And Sip fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 29, 2016

Loco179
May 18, 2008
Someone told me to show them where the bad goon touched them!

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Loco179 posted:

Someone told me to show them where the bad goon touched them!

https://giphy.com/gifs/dLjWMBxb5gzWU

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
How's the server doing these days?

On a whim, I reinstalled this game and walked around for a few minutes trying to remember how to play. I saw a blank spot near Vesper and plopped a house down so there's that at least.

unbeatable
Mar 13, 2006
I'm number one

KetTarma posted:

How's the server doing these days?

On a whim, I reinstalled this game and walked around for a few minutes trying to remember how to play. I saw a blank spot near Vesper and plopped a house down so there's that at least.

Its going well, EQMS is strong and GS is back (sort of). The shard's health overall is pretty good.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

How are reds punished on this server? Is it stat loss when killed or what? Also what would a good solo gank build be?

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

Pixelslol posted:

How are reds punished on this server? Is it stat loss when killed or what? Also what would a good solo gank build be?

Reds can have their heads cut for stat loss, but it's not perm stat loss. Have to wait 48hours (at an absolute max). There is areas where reds can't have their heads cut, and you can't have it cut if died to another faction player.

Is solo gank a thing? If you mean't solo pk, I'd go with an Alchy Lumberjack currently. They do big damage.

My build:
100 Carpentry
100 Heal
100 Anat
100 Resist
100 Swords
100 Tactics
80 Alchy
20 Margery (for casting Reflect)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Reds can have their heads cut for stat loss, but it's not perm stat loss. Have to wait 48hours (at an absolute max). There is areas where reds can't have their heads cut, and you can't have it cut if died to another faction player.

Is solo gank a thing? If you mean't solo pk, I'd go with an Alchy Lumberjack currently. They do big damage.

My build:
100 Carpentry
100 Heal
100 Anat
100 Resist
100 Swords
100 Tactics
80 Alchy
20 Margery (for casting Reflect)

I think you mean LJ instead of Carp.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Carp some bookshelves to trap your prey. Next level poo poo.

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Nah carpentry lets you build table/stools on the run, to block your opponent.

(I meant Lumberjacking)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Nah carpentry lets you build table/stools on the run, to block your opponent.

(I meant Lumberjacking)

The stools don't impede movement. Talk about some G*d d*mn n00bery ITT. Jesus Christ.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
What's the PVM action like? More interested in crafting than PKing this time around.

Pokkahn
Nov 23, 2003
Tree fallin
Former Darkfall PvPer here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Is there a hot & sexy guild I can get invited to? Interested in doing champs and poo poo now that I've got a few characters established.

• Locked thread