Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Charting the logical trend of growing American celebrity politics from President Obama to Presumed Nominee Trump to Intent-Declaring Kanye, and then adding a lag factor for slower Canadian tastes uptake, the leader of the Cnadian civ would be a 38 year old Justin Bieber.

I hope they do a clean wipe for all leaders though. No more Gandhi. No more Ghengis. Rustle up some new representative historical figures even if that means taking some less deified choices and toning down the worshipful preamble voiceover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Megazver posted:

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
Bummer.

Kublai needs some time in the Khan spotlight and Indira could easily fill the role of nuke-monger Gandhi. There have been a trillion well-documented personalities within the Japanese imperial lineage too. its not like the game is selling based on the chance to be a little 8-bit Napoleon anymore. Spice it up, Sid

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I like the sound of multiple rulers per civ with different personalities. Dealing with a Cromwell or a Gerald Ford would be different from Liz or Washington. Even better would be a change in civ leadership based on somewhat unpredictable events. Really shift the board around if someone can pull of some Wonder-based regime change after a few turns of the World Congress.

Probably wont happen until Civ-as-a-Service comes out and its all run in the cloud for $19.99/month. Even then probably still wont happen.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I'm sorry if you are so bent on having leaders be uberman gods shot from low camera angles that you'd not want to see a world leader bumble around and mix up their trade deals to comedic effect.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Even in the Civ world it should be possible to elect a bad leader once in a few hundred turns under the Freedom ideology. You know, that thing that seems to constantly happen to civilizations throughout the course of history.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Have the Swiss been a civ? They should be. And Australia. Just have wireframe meshes to denote the absence of internationally-renown leadership. Lots of good unit types and building perks to make out of those two.

And grow a pair of balls Firaxis and add Tibet as well. You can't possibly be selling that many retail boxes into China to not make taking the hit worthwhile.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

IMO we don't need more European civs, Australia would be cool though

Willing to swap Switzerland for the uncontacted tribe on Sentinel island.

+2 defense vs coastal assaults in the archery era (its always the archery era).

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

My Civ6 dream feature list:

• No audio cockups when alt tabbing in windowed mode, do it more than 6 times in 5 and you get a rabbling noise on loop
  • More robust map restart mechanic so the game does not foul itself after i relaunch 100 opening maps trying to find another 9 plantation/3 gold starting map layout
  • a Mild Barbarians mode, sometimes they go hog wild on you coming from 3 camps too early in Normal barbarian settings.
  • Intelligent cultural work sorting so I don't need to tell every single game not to waste work by auto placing it in a generic slot when it would clearly get +2 elsewhere in my wonder.
  • Auto negotiation and selling of horses and iron and any other trash I have laying about to that civ across the map that is always neutral to me
  • Specific bonuses towards playing as an isolationist hermit kingdom that permits no unclean foreigner to set foot on its sacred soil nor permit any diplomatic exchange. Double bonuses if you manage to actively halt global progress by separating half of the continent from eachother with you pristine expanse of territory.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Partisans and piecemeal palace building.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

A Micronation DLC Pack would be pretty amusing. Get the Marshall Islands in there, Liechtenstein, Rwanda, etc. Maybe upgrade a few of the city-states to full-on civ status.
Davids vs. Goliaths map pack.

San Marino vs Italy.
Anndora vs Spain
Monaco vs France
Liechtenstein vs. Switzerland
Breakaway Separatist Kaliningrad Oblast vs Poland who is vs Russia in a 3-way dance.
Bhutan vs China vs Brunei vs the recent man madel Chinese island forts in the south china sea.
The Stateless Sovereign Military Order of Malta vs the rest of the World in a scenario that is all about trade grinding where you start with just 1 Cotton and 1 Iron and 300 gold.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Koramei posted:

atlantis and some fantasy civs for a dlc would be pretty rad though

I would play the hell out of a deep sea tile-bound Atlantis and soak up the furor it creates among stack of doom reminiscent type civfanatics forum posters.

And if there is a Brazil then their should be a Canada civ with no issues of lineage or civishness

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 17, 2016

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I don't think anybody's actually played a mobile civ esque game, because they don't actually look like that in game.
Its a new kind of 4x where you shake the accelerometer to spur research and your FitBit™ linked pulserate is your production. Happiness is a measure of friend accounts linked per day and you broker favorable trade terms by retweeting the official @MobiCiv6 account.

Combat is settled by scanning QR codes on General Mills cereal or just waiting out the 18 hours for your Pikeman's energy to replenish.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I will sign any petition and retweet any hashtag to replace the US leader in Civ6 with Harriet Tubman.

And Kim Cambell can lead the Canadian civ.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

sarmhan posted:

Apparently we're getting an original score this time, although I did really like the compositions for some of the factions in Civ 5.

gently caress, someone please send the message to make it all instrumental tracks this time. I know every single intonation from the vocals that one Arabic language song in Civ5, its annoying to hear it for hours at a time.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cowman posted:

to be fair in my casual playstyle the capital is always wonder city where I have literally every wonder in there.

This is the best way to play. I like to throw it on to Immortal or Deity and turtle up inside a tomorrowland of low priority wonders and cling to my blissfull mono-city as long as I can until the savage hordes overtake me.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bob James posted:

America's leader should be William Jefferson Clinton Esq.

*CGI Bill slowly huffs and puffs his way up to the camera in his tiny silken first term jogging shorts*

"Hi, I'm Bill. From America"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mountain tunnels should be the one-way Swiss style where they are all wired to blow and cannot be used by an invading army. Or just have that be a Swiss civ specific thing.

Either way, I don't want cannons and elephants rushing through what is often my only tangible defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lots of fun to be had in a 4x like Civ without growing a million unit, dozen city empire. The exploration compoenent is very finite in terms of actual exploration, its really only discovering layouts of known quantities. Tall is fun, avoiding war and rebuffing large invasions is still a challenge. You just take away much of the micromanagement burden and needless repetition.

Unless I need to open up new trade routes, sell extra citrus or discover you along with my printing press, rival civs can stay on their side of Pangea and do their own thing.