Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Shibawanko posted:

I like the graphics. I hope they cut down on needless bullshit like leaderheads and just keep it simple and laptop friendly.

While hopefully there will be a toggle more sophisticated than "set up a multiplayer game and play with only AIs", I don't think they're gonna scrap one of their more iconic features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

John F Bennett posted:

They should do it like they did it in Civ Rev: click button to build road to city from city. And get rid of using a unit to build mines and irrigation.

Speaking of CivRev, is the second one worth the $10 asking price?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Man, why'd you guys have to start talking about the Greenman discount...I just bought Civ VI and I was planning on waiting!

EDIT: Oh hey...and they just handed me my key. Looks like I know what I'm doing after work tomorrow

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Jastiger posted:

I did a refund and bought it on GMG, spent $3 more for the deluxe. Worth it.

Oh, that's exactly what I did; I was planning on waiting for like Summer 2017 to buy Civ VI at all!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Phobophilia posted:

also im getting civ6 for significantly less than what i paid for civ5

I got 6 and all its forthcoming DLC (virtually guaranteed to make the game significantly better, regardless of its it good or bad at launch) for, what, $4 more than the MSRP of the base? I'll be happy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Maybe this a wording thing, but you got the next four small DLCs which will be a mix of civs, leaders, scenarios and map packs. Those are incredibly unlikely to have mechanical changes that will alter the game. Whatever the expansion is that is probably at least a year out is not included in the Deluxe version.

Huh...that's what I get for not reading. Oh well, at least I get more Civs

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Fargle posted:

OH gently caress.

Everyone listen to this. Don't just scroll past listen to it. It's magnificent.

Were we expecting any different from the man who gave us Baba Yetu?

(Countdown to a mod replacing the title music with Baba Yetu)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Huxley posted:

My PC is pretty old but it ran Civ V just fine. Will I be OK with this one, or is the bump in requirements actually necessary? Am I going to set my PC on fire?

I turned down shadows and water effects before ever starting (so I may even be able to bump them up), but Civ VI is running just as well as V did on my aging rig.