Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Super Jay Mann posted:

That's a good opinion though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The "lol gandhi loves nukes" meme is dumb

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

harrygomm posted:

why does my governor keep preferring a 1/3 unimproved forest hill over my 1/4/1gold improved mine when i toggle the citizens to production? the one extra production affects the turn outcome of the unit in producing, too

I've noticed this as well. Sometimes the automated citizen management just prefers an inferior tile for no discernible reason.

There's another bad opinion from me: citizen management should be removed.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm upset that the two examples it gave of MMORPGs were World of Warcraft and... New World.

:aloom:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

If we're just wishlisting I'd also like a bigger map and more tile variations - things like Dense variations of the Forest and Rainforest that are impassable or less passable without technologies, and Mountainous Terrain as a step between Hills and impassable useless Mountains would be cool. Bigger map would also allow for multi-tile constructions to more accurately portray scales, like Petra is dozens of square miles of mountain pockmarked with (mostly ruined) subterranean structures and originally had buildings outside as part of the city while the Eiffel Tower is less than 500 ft per side, weird that they're the same size on the map to me.

E: Also Military Engineers feel like they show up at about the right time, but people have been tunneling through mountains or at least building roads over and through them for thousands of years, so Mountain Tunnel feels like it shows up late by at least a full millennium. I'd prefer earlier access to them but maybe they don't connect through the chain until Military Engineers?

I think they should just go back to mountains having yields and being traversable. Not great yields, 2 production and nothing else would be fine in Civ 6 terms. And cost like 6 movement points to move into, and maybe even a penalty for starting a turn on one. Make it so it really sucks to cross mountains but you still can.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:cripes:

Why are mountains completely useless?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hell yeah, ski resorts where there's a non-zero chance that you'll die in a cataclysmic eruption! The lift lines will be packed!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

khwarezm posted:

I feel like 90% of my posts in this thread are just me talking about my run ins with Barbarians but this made me laugh.

They missed a trick by not giving barbs comedy pirate ships.

My favorite thing is when you clear a coastal barb camp and then all the galleys that were hiding in the fog go and loving destroy your nearest coastal city.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Serephina posted:

Yea I'm fond of Civ5 and really miss the cleaner graphics and UX whenever someone posts a screenshot, but I'm not sure I could go back to not having districts.

------------------

Been browsing through the wiki and web, got some questions/bugs:
-What the hell is the actual formula for Wall damage spitting? Nobody even drat well talks about it! I can see that the more damaged the wall, the more damage is applied to the city itself (proportionately? or just extra?), but I honestly have no real way of 'guessing' how well a brute-force siege will go until a few rounds of combat passes.
-Wiki states that ranged naval units don't suffer -17 strength when shooting cities, which jives with how effective frigates are, but I am 100% sure that my battleships once had this penalty in a normal game (I recall being surprised/annoyed about it, posted in this thread, then went and built a bunch of bombers). What's the difference/cutoff?
-The religious governor's "lay on hands" which fullheals units in a single turn, doesn't seem to work, or at least for naval units? Not even ones stationed in the city tile itself. Others on the net have said the same.

Do you mean the fandom wiki? If so then the problem is that it's a fandom wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Got my first win on deity :toot: Scientific victory as the Mayans. Other than sniping a settler from my neighbor Vietnam, struggling with some annoying barbs, and taking out a city state that was in the way of my settlement plans, I was able to just turtle up and research in my happy little hexagon.