Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Civs I'd like that haven't been an official civ before:

- Haiti
- Gran Colombia (not counting Civ4 Colonization)
- an australian aboriginal civ
- Kongo (mainly to troll Belgium)
- Harappa (maybe as a city state. historical records are scarce, but I want the Indus River Valley)
- Inuit (has always been a fan favorite suggestion)
- Argentina (lol modern states)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Fister Roboto posted:

If they were to add everybody's little pet civ then you might as well be playing Europa Universalis with a timeline extension mod.
I don't want everyone's pet civs. Just mine.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
They replaced Moctezuma. In Civ4 it was Moctezuma II, in Civ5 it was Moctezuma I. :colbert:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Maybe it's just lip service but it's encouraging that they went out of the way to say that modding the game will much easier than Civ5.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

jivjov posted:

Speaking of CivRev, is the second one worth the $10 asking price?
I haven't played it but... no. It's Rev1 but with JFK and Churchill and like a few new techs.

Also, make Nixon the American leader.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 18, 2016

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm guessing all the leaders are going to be a little fat; it's the new style.

Not thrilled with TR as the American leader choice. I just thought there are better choices like Lincoln or even Nixon if they want to go the modern, cynical route.

They already emphasized exploration and adventure as a thematic idea driving the game's presentation, so Teddy fits the bill. But I just think TR is one of the most overrated presidents by internet goons.

And no surprise, China's a civ. I haven't finished the video yet, but I wonder what leader they'll pick. Han Wudi?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Well technically the most recent American leader used in a Civ game was JFK in Civilization: Revolution 2, but that game was largely a mobile cash grab.

Most recent leader to hold power in a Civ game? Haile Selassie reigned until 1974. Heck I created this timeline for Civ5 if you want to compare when the leaders lived:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm just not a huge fan of the Ptolemaic dynasty. It just feels like the least Egyptian of all the major Ancient Egyptian periods. But everyone's heard of Cleopatra.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I really doubt multiple leaders will happen. It'd probably take too much resources to design and animate and get a voice for each character when they could just create a new civ. So if you don't like Teddy or Cleo... I guess you'll have to tolerate them until Civ7.

Yeah, I'm not too hot on these new leader choices, even when considering their personalities and potential agendas. I thought civ5's leader choices were solid, save Maria and Dido and maybe a few others where they could have picked someone better. (I'm still a huge Lincoln partisan.) I hope they'll stick with Harun al-Rashid, Darius, Napoleon, and Elizabeth.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Fister Roboto posted:

Who says the Egyptian leader has to be from the classical era? How about Shajar al-Durr, the first sultana of Mamluk Egypt?
Make Saladin the leader of Egypt. :can:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
It's great they're supporting mods greater than Civ5 did, but it's still not the same as having a fully realized official leader, which like many said before wouldn't really happen at the cost of another civ.

And I want Trajan too.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Sounds like England feels more "British" than "English". Why can't they just call it Britain? They don't want to preempt a Celtic civ?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

RagnarokAngel posted:

The Japanese leader for this game predates Japan as a nation. You can't take their choices literally.
I'm not. But, it always seemed weird when they wanted to do the British but call them English. Civ5 avoided this, but Civ4 not so much.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Twilight Matrix posted:

already have to play as the farcical teddy roosevelt
Hoping Korea's a civ again so they can have their revenge on Teddy.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Well... I like Trajan.

And Kongo seems like it's in. And Sumer and Pericles are back so that's good a least.

Still think Saladin, Cleo, and Teddy are overrated.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Fairly likely it's Gustav for the last one.

I've been trying to come up with possible civs that start with a G for the first. (Goths?) The second one is a larger mystery (K-P!) I already considered Mongolia, Ottomans, Moari, Mayans. Nothing so far with my googling.

Edit: realized it's not entirely alphabetical

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 13, 2016

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
When Brazil was added in BNW, it was partly considered because of the World Cup. And also the "long overdue" factor.

If all goes to plan, it's supposed to be another big year for Brazil, so having Pedro again sort of makes sense.

Of course, the Olympics are going to be a huge clusterfuck but... yeah.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Brazil has certainly been on my subset wish list of post-colonial modern states that I think should be a full civ along with America. So they were a nice addition in BNW and also helped "fill the map". Gran Colombia and Haiti (and to a lesser extent, Argentina) are also on this short list of mine.

Also with Brazil, it's nice people stopped trying to argue that America "isn't a real civilization because REASONS".

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I don't disagree with the point about Victoria being an English leader instead of a British leader. :britain:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Make Warsaw a City-State and never change it in any future expansion or sequel and pull BNW off every store shelf.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Maybe Old Man Pericles is more historical, but I'm gonna miss Sexy Pericles from Civ IV.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
No. The only American leader civ needs is Richard Nixon. His personality essentially embodies America at the height of its superpower status. :nixon:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I want to wage a full-blown Haitian Revolution in Civ already.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Civ4 Pericles > Civ6 Pericles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
They unveiled a new painting of Prince Philip. I thought it looked too much like Civ5.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 12, 2017