Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

How about every military unit is represented by a customizable percentage of ranged/artillery, Melee/grunts, logistics/support and the personnel strength of a unit has a nearly limitless upper end that increases the build time. Each civ is expected to have 4 to 6 later 8 to 12 "armies" active at a time.

Keep combat simple for both the AIs sake and as an abstraction for the player to balance against, infrastructure, culture, wealth, science etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

Wouldn't the Huns unique ability just be a weaker version of the Russian one?

Oh I forgot Pastures include cows and sheep NVM.

Star Frog fucked around with this message at 12:31 on May 29, 2016

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

AriadneThread posted:

sun-king louie of the european union

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

I've been playing the series since one and the first time an enemy city culturally flipped to my control in three a whole new layer of immersion opened up to me.

Star Frog fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Nov 25, 2018

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

randomized future tech trees sounds like an interesting addition to late game.

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

So i bought the expansions and dlc last night and am getting a weird error i cant find through google.

my mouse is pointing at things higher than it in the main menu, I cant change the resolution in game because the confirmation box is at the bottom of the screen and my mouse stops there.

The base game worked for me several years ago. Now the main menu buttons are cropped at the top. I think trying to set the resolution with steam launch options just bonces off the pre launcher screen and dosn't work.

Running win7 with a nvidia card with up to date drivers.

Star Frog fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 25, 2019

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

well yeah, is that the cut off on steam refund? ide rather the game was playable.

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

chaosapiant posted:

Find where the game’s .ini/config files are and delete them. This fixes lots of weird poo poo for lots of games, especially moddable ones. Speaking of mods, uninstall all mods if you have any just to rule them out.

Thank you!
found the AddOptions.txt file which people said was the config.ini file and deleted it, reload and everything seems to line up fine and look good. Now to dive into two new expansions worth of content.

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

I periodically replay civ1 and every time end up using the speedy settler exploit, keep canceling and reissuing the same build command and any improvement can be built in one turn.

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

Zarya is in civ?

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

And in the basement of the Louvre? Oh this is our little Uranium mine, the workers go in the back door by the dumpster and down the service elevator. We blast after hours, don't worry the paintings are protected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

I wrote in Dutch bros for cross promotion. Idk