Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Even the supposedly bad AI of Civ V is very much able to kick my rear end, and as soon as I meet all of world leaders the most likely try to band up and kick my rear end, which is karma in action, me being a bad and murdering neighbour, but I'd really like it if they improved your units' AI, particularly pathfinding and workers build order. I don't know if it's that hard or have the players just gotten used to the micromanaging, but having my AI worker stop building a road because it would have to avoid an unit that's located a few turns away or trying to take the shortest path and deciding to embark and disembark in the process, thus making it take a longer one is always a surprise and a really unpleasant one.

Also, I could have just missed it, but not only being able to automate workers without being able to prioritize improvement of certain type and being a subject to AI's whim is a pain. Sometimes it turns out okay, since some buildings do receive bonuses from Policies or Tech, but I doubt they take that into account. I'd like to be able to just tell the AI "build farms here, build trading posts there, build mines there etc.", maybe even as a global option that I can change. But preferably a localized one, since I'd probably forget that I had set something special up.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Cythereal posted:

For those whom I may concern, Civ5 complete edition is currently 75% off on GOG.

It's actually Civ4 and 3, but thanks for the information anyway, I much prefer games bought from them to the Steam's ones, so I bought it again.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Aerdan posted:

You're aware that you can connect your Steam account to GOG and get DRM-free versions of (almost) everything that both services carry, right?

I wasn't aware of that, but it's too late now anyway. I might make use of that in the future, so thanks!