Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Taear posted:

Yea, 6's wonders are really underwhelming for the most part.
I miss the SMAC wonders.

I miss wonder-movies in general. Or Wonders that weren't super-buildings. Or I suppose in the case of Civ6, Super-Districts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Weekly previews of works in progress from the next major update. Quick turnaround on community commentary requests and reports.

Heck, someone asked if there was a way to add a "Time of Arrival" measure when you move a fleet long distances, and it was added with the next patch - a week later.

Paradox actively engages their community. Firaxis doesn't.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Space Race victory, Civ 1.

I earned that when I was a kid.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Man, they're really laying on the Beyond Earth prequel status aren't they with that speech, aren't they?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Saladin Rising posted:

Dammit, now I've got a hankering to load up Civ 5 again.:argh:

If you do, just remember that Firaxis updated the game to include a launcher that resets your graphics settings and begs you to play Civ 6 instead. I should check to see if there's a way to get around that.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

As near as I can tell, the Civ 6 AI determines where each unit goes independently of each other unit. So what you're seeing is units backtracking across the empire to get to a goody hut because they saw the goody hut was unclaimed by another unit, despite the fact that there's already a unit two tiles away from the hut.

And yes, the AI is programmed to move every unit every turn unless it's a ranged unit setting up to attack because the AI is programmed to move every unit every turn if at all possible.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have yet to find a person who thinks that having Elvis as your culture advisor can be somehow made better. Everyone who says that it's possible is sadly wrong, and probably needs to have a lay-down until the fever passes. ;)

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Tom Tucker posted:

All I remember is at some point in that game I made a bunch of battleships or something similar on the easiest difficulty and conquered one civ’s capital and it caused their empire to split in two and a NEW civ appeared and introduced itself. It was awesome.

You could do that in Civ 4 even, and it was possible if the game errored in the right way, that you could create a new nation led by Sid Meier himself as an 'emergency catch' civilization. I did it ... once, when I was playing with max nations, and was spawning new nations as overseas vassals when he showed up.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

homullus posted:

Religion should cause conflict ...

IS-AAAA--BELLLLLLLLL---AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Sorry, have no idea what came over me there. You were saying? Perhaps tying religion output to cultural output in some way might work, where you can support religion as a fraction of your culture, like the old Economy sliders?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

hell yeah bring back the rear end in a top hat economic advisor

Let's be honest with ourselves. The only advisor people want is Elvis.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Slowpoke! posted:

Civ IV was so good it won a Grammy

Christopher Tin was so good with his album "Calling all Dawns" that he won a Grammy. Said album happened to include Baba Yetu, so I'll give you half credit for the answer.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Staltran posted:

Why does cultural victory take longer with more civs?

Because you need to make and ship more Blue Jeans, and that takes more time.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Instead of famous civ leaders how about we get the spotlight on some unremarkable citizens who actually know what living in their civs was really like? Let me play as Nanni, and show the world how far one person can go in their search for quality copper at a fair price with good customer service.

Ea-Nasir for Great Merchant. Where can I find this mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

khwarezm posted:

Hey all, trying to figure out something. I just did a domination game as Spain, every time I conquered a city I received 2 builders. Does anyone know what activated this bonus? I can't see it listed anywhere for either Spain's civ specific effects, any suzerain bonuses or the effects of wonders. I'm probably missing something obvious but this game has so many different systems I literally can't keep track of what is causing what half the time.

Did you capture the civilian units while they were huddled up in the city? Because capturing workers/settles/builders is a time-honored tradition from 5.