Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Anno posted:

Yeah all the features that impact the map are the things I think they got mostly right and I’d love to see return. Watching yields change as rivers flood and forests burn and volcanoes go off etc. really tickles my desire for incrementing numbers.

They can get a little amusing. In one game I found Eyjafjallajökull, and toward the end of the game the tiles around it each had like 12 food and 18 production. Magma is good for the soil's mineral content, sure, but at that point it feels like the devs think volcanoes in Iceland just throw hamburgers and machine tools directly out of the earth and into your houses and factories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Remalle posted:

Beyond Earth was ok

Beyond Earth would have been recognized for its okay-ness if not for the fact that it kept getting compared to Alpha Centauri before release. But then people judged it against that expectation and declared it trash.

But yeah, it was fine! I played a few rounds and liked it.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

My other bad Civ opinion is that I like to play on too-easy difficulties and use it as a sandbox on purpose. I get irrationally mad in 6 when the traders don't draw my roads correctly.

e: but traders making the roads is probably an improvement for any non-psychotic player purposes

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

The AIs do have a weird penchant for banning enjoyment of oranges. I wonder why that is.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Sioux posted:

Are the AI civs better at production for them to do both?

Civ AI makes up for its inferior thinking by getting major production bonuses, yes. I think Prince is the base level at which you’re actually equal, and above that they just get things like free settlers, extra production bonuses, stuff like that.