Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Scalding Coffee posted:

What is wrong with the other one?

They're both about Civ 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Eric the Mauve posted:

Personally I would probably be happy with "dumbing down" type changes that make grognards cry hot tears of impotent rage.

People that like good games instead of bad ones are grognards.

Oh Games, you never let me down.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

The Lord Bude posted:

I don't mind the stacking of support units with military units, but I hate the idea of the corps. It's going to be just like the stupid doom stacks of old civ games except you need a separate one for each unit type - it completely undermines the tactical aspect of the game when you're only moving two or three units around. The single unit system in civ5 revolutionised the game and made conquest fun for the first time in the series.

1UPT is a great idea on paper. However, it's much easier to make an AI that understands how to use a doomstack. With a complicated game like Civ, 1upt is a recipe for disaster. I hope the AI is improved, but AI in general just has not been a priority in games lately, so my hopes aren't up.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I'd say 1UPT is superb for multi-player though (when turns are sequential). It really adds to the strategy. That said I never had any experience with MP doomstacks - but I enjoyed using the terrain in 1UPT MP.

I didn't consider that. Yeah, 1UPT would be amazing for multiplayer, although I don't play Civ games MP myself. Turn based, takes too much time.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Wrong version of Baba Yetu, but besides that you're right.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

The Human Crouton posted:

Why don't they bring back Baba Yetu? Opening Civ 4 for the first time made me feel awesome and ready to forge a civilizatuon in my image.

Save a good piece of music for a game we know is good.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

madeupfred posted:

le canadian thinker ._. o o o (there needs to be more canadians)

what the gently caress is this

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

homullus posted:

The "bad" are generally AI and UI complaints (which are legit). The more you are bothered by AI and UI oversights -- and some of them are significant -- the more you will not like it.

This makes me sad. The best 4x, or at least the best Civ, still remains 4 to me. I wish that would change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm a Civ 4 grognard but I want to try this game. Will the next update fix the "yeild" bug? (I know you can download a fix on the steam workshop.) Will it make the single player experience tolerable, unlike how the OP says its abysmal?