Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

How about Firaxis go back all the way to Civ 1 for the menu music, whatcha say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYJC2fkLshw

(Yeah it's CivNet but it's an arranged version of Civ 1 opening)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Alternatively, as Civ VI is apparently the opposite of Civ IV, a backwards version of Baba Yetu should play in the menu.

Utey Abab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF3Tgnvf-6U

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Get rid of America and Brazil and let's have Sioux back and Tupi in their places.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Nah, no way they'll keep Aztecs out (Mexico and Aztecs would have the exact same TSL).

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

AAAAAAAAA FIRAXIS HEARD MY PRAYERS they totally remade Civ 1 theme that's fuckin sweeeeet

Negrostrike posted:

How about Firaxis go back all the way to Civ 1 for the menu music, whatcha say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYJC2fkLshw

(Yeah it's CivNet but it's an arranged version of Civ 1 opening)

Not sure if they'll use a rendition of it for the menu though

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

RagnarokAngel posted:

The Japanese leader for this game predates Japan as a nation. You can't take their choices literally.

In your definition, so does Tokugawa and Nobunaga.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Seems to be in alphabetical order, for those trying to figure out.

EDIT: Never mind, didn't read the post enough. I see Augustus for Rome, Peter I for Russia, Pedro I for Brazil maybe. Will check a bit more when I'm home.

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 12, 2016

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Scythia and Kongo, huh?
Many people are going to hear about Scythians for the first time with this game, I guess.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

Where do you see that?

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 12, 2016

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Byzantine posted:

loving Brazil and not Byzantium?

Byzantium would be redundant enough with Rome already in. Even more with the Ottomans.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I'd prefer some native civ instead of Brazil personally, like the Tupi, because New World colony nations are just too silly. But yeah, we'll always have to deal with bronze-age Americans, so we might as well have Brazil in.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Doorselfin posted:

Getting a chance to talk to someone at Firaxis about Civ VI today-- anyone have any pressing questions about anything other than the Cat Civ?

Would you be interested in a trade agreement with England?

Seriously though, will it be more moddable than Civ V? I mean, will it be possible to import my own models for the diplomacy screens in an easier way (few have managed, AFAIK)? Things like that.

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 13, 2016

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

No no wait I got one that'll blow your minds. Y'all ready?

Hitler as Germany's leader! :rms:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Kumaton posted:

I thought the goal here was to piss off CivFanatics, though?

Oops you're right.

Ok, MacArthur as Japan's leader. :japan:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

The leaders are looking pretty ok so far, but Qin Shi Huang looks like someone straight from Constructor. It's pretty funny, actually.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I'll take anyone for the tech tree except the lady narrating the first look trailers.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

"I've got nothing against women but gently caress them all they don't want to have sex with me".

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Wasn't Pedro II light-haired?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Scythia's capital in Civ 6 is Pokrovka, which is clearly a Russian name.
I know it's a place in Russia where archeologists found some Scythian stuff but drat, that's some sloppy naming. I'd rather have Firaxis make something up based on what we know about their language(s) and call it a day.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I'm ready for 20 Brazilian former presidents and 0 Byzantine leaders.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I don't have the game yet but the Rome theme is just awesome. Probably an original composition?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

So, Civ V veteran here, just started playing Civ VI these last few days.

When will Firaxis learn that leaders randomly interrupting you with irrelevant declarations is a bad thing? I want the next turn ready when I come back from taking a dump, not a full screen leader screen with some dumb poo poo like "la la la my civ is better than yours/waaaah you make too much war".

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah I also agree that base Civ VI is better than base Civ V.

Although my cows are wandering out of the fenced area and this is making me very upset what the hell

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Oh true, it wasn't being worked indeed. Really a nice touch. Crisis averted.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I welcome the new civs. Though I think we need more Native American civs as well, cause there's only the Aztecs so far. If there were like, Inca, Iroquois, Tupi, etc instead of America and Brazil I would be happy as a little girl.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Thinking about TSL Earth geographical balance, maybe we could have Haida, Shoshone/Sioux and America in the north and Inca, Brazil and Mapuche in the south. I think those would fit nicely in such a case.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

What lag?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Gyshall posted:

basically the entire executable freezes (to the point where you get "not responding...") on windows if you have barbarians turned on. It adds about 40 seconds to the "End Turn" phase too.

Yeah well, that never happened to me to be quite honest. :shrug:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Well I'm playing on one of those YnAMP giant Earth TSL maps with barbarians and city-states on and I didn't notice any lag going on (besides the usual wait for all 23 civs doing their moves). And I play on a mediocre i5 low power CPU with a GeForce 940MX and 8GB RAM. :shrug:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah buy them. They're nice.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

No. Was it ever bad?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Well, they lived next to the Nile just like the Egyptians...

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

To be fair you DO hear your civ's music at least when you advance to the next age or something. But honestly I got sick of Australia's music when I was playing its scenario oh my God. It's like 4 variations of the same song on repeat.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I would literally cause the death of another human being for a Civ 6 version of Rhye's and Fall. Hell, even a Civ 5 version would be great. I loved that mod.

The new xpack sounds nice so far. I hope the new extra leader goes to Greece again just to piss off everyone. :holy:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Bouquet posted:

We heard you like systems so we put some systems in your systems.

I think I’m in the “make existing systems work well before adding more” camp.

Well, it IS a game about empire building, isn't it

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

She hammers the Berlin Wall so we might have Kohl as an alternate leader for Germany. :buddy:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Poil posted:

Yes that's true. It's just annoying if you're on a map without lots of hills.

Also the comment section of that youtube video is a complete cesspit of tears and rage over how Firaxis could commit such atrocity by having a woman in charge of Korea (or any civ at all).

That's "gamer culture" for you. I definitely wouldn't mind if all leaders in the game were women.

I think Seondeok is a nice choice for Korea. She looks kinda Southeast Asian though. :thunk:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Alright! It's the Xiongnu/Gokturks/Dingling/Xianbei/Shiwei/Rouran!

Or yeah, maybe Mongols.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Could be Mandukhai as well. Let's see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I think the way they move is great. That's some really good mocap acting.