Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

Given Firaxis' ability to balance Civ powers I think it's a blessing that there is only one per civ.

It's probably easier to balance four smaller traits than one huge one.

Poil posted:

Looks like all the effort not spent on her face went somewhere else. :ughh:

It's a screen from the mobile version, I guess. She looked better in the console version. Still boobful, but the face was alright as well.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Welp, pretty much beat the game on Deity, just some mop-up left to do. I am not really a Deity player.

Sigh, this AI.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

It also sucks not being able to tell the AI to leave a city-state alone because you're their suzerain. I played a game where I invested a whole bunch of time and resources allying with city states and Germany gobbled up all of them. :(

Them attacking one of your buddies does give you a war-weariness free Casus Belli, I think.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

People seem to talk a lot about city specialization which was supposed to be a thing now, compared to CIV5. But I don't find the need to actually do this, there's always more than enough room for improvements and districts when not directly on the coast. Am I not doing it right?

The number of districts you can build in a city is limited by the city size. Still, I never found that to be a factor, since I usually plain and simple don't have any production to build Science, Faith and Culture districts before, like, early Industrial era. There's always more important poo poo to build.

Darkrenown posted:

Surprise! Those numbers are actually the changes per turn to a hidden total number which determines their relation level. Like if you have +30 -5 you are getting a net + 25 per turn added to your relations level. But maybe you're at -10,000 and they become friendly at +200, who knows? :shrug:

Which makes the 'initial impression' and 'different government' penalties all the more insane.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Could her being Italian be a factor?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Das Butterbrot posted:

Maybe it was just how they said it back then. Frederick Barbarossa speaks an extremely antiquated version of german in the game, so maybe they did the same for Catherine and the others.

Bleh. They just got some random young guy with a voice that really doesn't fit for Peter.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Gave this another go with the new update. Sigh.

It's just so... tedious, on a fundamental level.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Straight White Shark posted:

I'm only a game and a half into Civ6 and I think it's very worth it. The most glaring flaw is that they somehow made archers even more dominant than Civ5 and the AI still can't cope.

It leaves a good first impression, but it's kinda shallow. Still, enjoy it while it's enjoyable. I did have fun with it at first as well.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
What annoys me about it is the sheer dumb artificiality of it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
As good as this one:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I've only played one game to Renaissance era, but my first impression is that the new toys are cute, I guess, but they don't change anything about the fundamental issues I have with the current systems. Y'know, the unit carpets, the districts, the AI, etc. It's all a bit lipstick-on-a-pig.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

pro starcraft loser posted:

So is Rise and Fall worth the $30 or just wait til it goes on sale?

Maybe wait a couple of weeks for people to burn out on it or not before asking.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So I think the Korean district is bugged to get -1 science if it's placed near the capital. (Unless I'm missing something.)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Played a game of Red Death. It's all the fun of moving a unit carpet around in rugged terrain without any of the stuff that I actually somewhat enjoyed in Civ 6.

I think I'll pass on it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The best way to make best cities is to take all cities, ofc.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Fleetwood Crack posted:

FTFY, AI cities suuuuuccck.

Not if you go on an annexation spree as soon as you get archers!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Poil posted:

gently caress this terrible game and lovely fourth rate amateur incompetent developers! It must be so hard to program while sitting open mouthed and drooling all over the keyboard as soon as they come across something complicated like a three letter word. Want a job a Firaxis? Easy. Enter a programming school, fail all classes and courses and misspell your name on the iq test. I want to play this game but all I get is frustration and anger at how annoying and dumb everything is. Why why oh why did I ever waste my money on this brainless garbage? :bang:

Apart from all the other issues all the time how hard is it to make sure that I don't freaking discover another player's starting warrior when I settle my first city? Just a little exploration reveals tons of empty land, which are now full of millions of barbarians but that's my fault because my two move units can't catch three move units zooming in from three directions. Barbarian camp spawn sound! Where is it? Who the gently caress knows! Might be right outside the border so the scout auto discovers and auto reports as soon as it spawns, yaaaay!

And this!

I'm glad I picked "balanced start" or I might not have gotten that amber.

I want to like this game so much, but I can't. :(

It's okay, we all get salty sometimes. :kingsley:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Sid Meier wrote a memoir:

Sid Meier's Memoir!: A Life in Computer Games

Needless to say, I already bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Death to 1UPT.