Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Genghis Khan and Montezuma are the two that spring to mind as irreplaceable.
Mandukhai Khatun and Ahuitzotl. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

My biggest takeaway from that video is that the minimap will finally show us individual terrain types again instead of just "water," "mountain" and "not mountain."

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Really it sounds like builders are simply a means of transferring hammers from cities to the terrain. Maybe all wonders are built by builders and it's just a question of how many charges you spend? It's not clear to me if cities build anything directly besides units and buildings-in-districts.
In the video you can see the Pyramids in the city's build list.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Red Bones posted:

even if it is just going back to civ 4's approach of barb camps not spawning in areas you've already explored.
Barbs, both standalone and cities, could and did spawn in areas you'd explored in Civ IV, just not within a certain range (3 tiles, I think?) of a non-barb unit.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Clearly the solution is to play as Armenia.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

My non-toxx predictions:

America
China
Japan
Egypt
Russia
England
Germany
Zulu
Aztecs
Inca
Australia
Maori
Vietnam
Persia
Greece
Rome
Iroquois
Tupi

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Also prediction: Persia will be more along the lines of Safavid-era Iran and will be led by Abbas I.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Hogama posted:

Hey, England, France and Russia got 3 leaders in 4 as well! And given the theme of the "third leaders" it seems like Germany would have as well if it weren't for that detail of wanting to sell the game in Germany.
Germany could easily have three. Bismarck, Frederick, Adenauer.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Trajan for Rome, Chandragupta Maurya for India, Cromwell (:can:) for England. Make it happen, Firaxis.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Peas and Rice posted:

I play Civ V almost exclusively with modded in Civs now (the JFD packs and a few I've picked up here and there). But my Mac is so lovely none of the leaders animate, note even the vanilla ones. WOULD modded leaders animate if I had a good enough computer or all they all static?
The vast majority are just static, unvoiced screens. I think the Australian one is animated and voiced but I don't use it so I'm not sure.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

toasterwarrior posted:

A war-like Indian leader would be a really cool way to turn the usual Civilization trope on its head.
Another reason I think Chandragupta Maurya would be a great choice.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Mameluke posted:

If new leaders are going to be a Thing in CiVIlization, who'll replace Montezuma for the Aztecs? Nezahualcoyotl could be interesting for a more religious rather than war-oriented civ.
Itzcoatl, maybe? He could work as more of a builder-type leader focused on infrastructure.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Are there any that aren't in order? Some people are thinking that first unknown image might be Georgia.
I think you might be right, I could easily see that being a picture of Tamar.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Jastiger posted:

Also are they bringing back outposts from Civ 4, so you don't have to plop a city in order to get a uranium from a bunch of snow tiles?
Outposts were from Civ 3 (but should still come back, yes).

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Stagger_Lee posted:

Seems like this joke wanted Lee, or am I bricking?
Not if the goal is to laugh at the impotent rage of CF's vocal contingent of racists. :ssh:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

I will not rest, I will not sleep for an instant, until glorious Moldova is fully represented.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Kalko posted:

The CF thread pointed out that in the video Brazil has dashed borders in one part and solid lines later on. Apparently this is because in the early game borders are less strict and you presumably don't need to sign an Open Borders agreement to move into another civ's territory, but later on (maybe with certain techs or eras) they turn into the familiar system from previous games. If true, that's a neat feature.
Gonna make it a lot tougher to block off chokepoints in the early game.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

I've been wanting a Tomyris-led Scythia in since Civ IV was released, thank you Firaxis

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Realtalk I would have loved a Timurid civ for central Asia almost as much as Scythia. Central Asia doesn't get enough love in these games.

In fact, give us both. If we can have Rome, the Byzantines, and the Ottomans all at once, we can have Scythia and the Timurids. Make it happen, Firaxis.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

JVNO posted:

I really like that they honoured the request not to include the language- it sucks that no alternative solution was possible though. It would be pretty jarring in the context of a game where all the leaders speak their native language.
All but three. Ramesses in Civ speaks Arabic, when they could've at least used Coptic; Attila speaks Chuvash, when he actually would've spoken either Hunnic or possibly Gothic (the latter of which we at least know what it sounds like and have a few decent speakers); and Gandhi should more accurately be speaking Gujarati, though he at least did know Hindi so it's not as inaccurate as it could be.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

JVNO posted:

Interesting- the more you know eh? I wonder if it was laziness, expense, or availability of those language's speakers that caused the disinclusion.
Probably all three depending on the language. Gujarati's spoken by an estimated 50 million people, and Coptic is still used as the language of the Christian church in Egypt.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Septimius Severus (probably) wasn't black, either. He was Roman and Libyan. He most likely would've looked more like Gaddafi.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

I use this one and I've never seen it not work.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Countdown to dumb nerds making a mod that renames him Bazinga.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Hogama posted:

2K China says the next civ reveal should be Wednesday, and "not" a Middle Eastern civ, apparently?
(Should be Wednesday morning/afternoon for US/Europe, if it's at the usual hours.)
Non-toxx calling it now: Greece.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

IDK, I think America should get the same treatment everybody else gets and they should have some person who either didn't exist or was never a leader to represent America. Like Johnny Appleseed or something

E: Or maybe just replace every civ with America under a different president
Emperor Norton

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Speedball posted:

He once was shot during a speech and was such a tough guy he continued delivering the speech.
And basically smacktalked the guy what shot him, too, in a way that only TR could.

Teddy Roosevelt posted:

Friends, I shall ask you to be as quiet as possible. I don’t know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot—but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Byzantine posted:

Civ5's paintings were the best.
The katun is established at Chichen Itza. The settlement of the Itza shall take place there. The quetzal shall come, the green bird shall come. Ah Kantenal shall come. It is the word of God. The Itza shall come.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Then it should produce more food :colbert:

The only way I can see it providing more production is if the oxen are fitted with cyborg limbs so they can pull heavier plows
But then what would Behemoth pull? :confused:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Captain Fargle posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we get Xerxes as the Persian leader this time around. They've been trying to shake things up a bit from the traditional choices when it comes to 6.
Wildcard option: Some Safavid (or other Islamic Persian dynasty) leader like Abbas the Great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Mayor Dave posted:

It's an easy second to Baba Yetu, try to think of another theme from any of the games that's even close
Ummm, Al Nadda???