Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I don't think it's trying to find bands that sound like your choices, but bands that you might also like based on your tastes. Pandora might say "you like minor keys, male vocals, and orchestral elements." This sounds more like Last.fm, where they mine data from people with similar tastes to find bands you might like.

Edit: I would bet that this is just a massive database of cross-referenced names, and has no information on how any band sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I told it I liked Spoon, Chvrches and Wolf Parade. It recommended the visual art of collage artist Speial Guest.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

olin posted:

Hmm, worked really well for me. That's funny about Speial Guest. I don't think I ever had that recommended to me but maybe it's the guy who runs the site's band or something.

Not a band, as far as I could tell. He or she is a visual artist. I followed a link from the site to a Facebook page--I saw a bunch of "cut-up" pieces, but no music.

I can't imagine the relationship, but I agree that Speial Guest is probably affiliated with the site.

• Locked thread