Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
black children
Dec 14, 2009

Professor Tomtom posted:

are knives only for autists or do we really need them?

yes, knife is probably second-most important tool after axe. first-most in places without trees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black children
Dec 14, 2009
^^ good advice

black children
Dec 14, 2009
i have a gransfors american felling axe, hell of an axe. would strongly recommend any of their products. i've seen wetterlings in action too and they seem pretty solid

black children
Dec 14, 2009
yes, i've seen the husqvarna axes too and they seem pretty good especially for the price range. get a stihl saw

black children
Dec 14, 2009

quote:

Oh I forgot - buy a silky saw, specifically the Pocketboy: http://www.silkysaws.com/Silky_Saws...h.wWNcBvZc.dpbs
yes! i love silky saws. personally those two you posted at the bottom look a little large for my taste but might be sensible if you live in an area with significant tree diameter.

anybody ever get into making your own knives? it's easy and fun, you can do it with just a mill bastard file and an oven or a charcoal fire if you really want to. (obviously it's nice to have a few more tools but you really don't need to spend more than like 20$ at the most to get started). sometimes the knife that's best for you is one you make yourself!

black children fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 16, 2016

• Locked thread