Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Buy an inexpensive mora knife, stainless unless you use it often/take care of it, throw it in your pack along with a lighter. You will thank me, internet person, later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I have a fellkniven A1, I regret the purchase. Great knife, but at that size, why not have an axe. Learn axecraft and be a happy woodsman.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
We can be Bros, extra stout, and can discuss the finer points of axemanship and making a fool of yourself on skis.

I will disagree with you on the plastic axe handles in one instance, a Fiskars splitting maul is surprisingly nice and low maintenance.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Also, learning to sharpen your own knife is easy and makes life better. Something like a hoodoo hone is light weight, cheap, and will save you frustration.

Start with a carbon steel scandi-grind knife and learn the basics, takes 5 minutes.

• Locked thread