Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I have a few knives for different reasons. I have a 3.5" Gerber full tang knife that I like a lot. I've used it to split kindling, cut thick rope, clean game etc. I bring it on hunting and car camping trips mostly. I have a Gerber paraframe folding knife that's my usual go to pocket knife, nothing fancy but it works and it's not heavy. It's cut a lot of backcountry cheese but it's mostly just in my pocket on a daily basis. I have a Swiss army ranger? that I prefer to use on backpacking trips. I have a Leatherman multi tool that I like a lot but that mostly just stays in my truck. I have a few other little pocket knives but really I mostly just use the Gerber pocket knife for most things.

black children posted:

i have a gransfors american felling axe, hell of an axe. would strongly recommend any of their products. i've seen wetterlings in action too and they seem pretty solid

I was originally looking at those for a while and settled on the husqvarna felling axe which is made in the Swedish hultafors factory but sells for $65. It's a great little axe and sharpens very well. It came with a shave sharp edge. It's in my truck when I go hunting, camping or hiking. You never know when a blow down can block your route home.

Honestly though I'm going to pick up a chainsaw really soon. Firewood on camping and hunting trips will be much easier not to mention the times I've been blocked by down trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread