Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

australia is like 20 people constantly playing clan arena and a single duel server filled with people that never stopped playing after i quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Well they only play duel in europe now but in NA you can play instagib or clan arena. :witch: But the kind of cool thing is that almost 100% of the people who still play quake in the US go to QuakeCon every year and get like headbands of their clan tag. lol

i truly and honestly hope to god the new quake is actualyl good and not pure unmitigated aids

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i love sliding in quake 4

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

My friend told me the Heroes have Abilities.

i just want dueling to remain pure. they can make their aids esports team gamemode all they want

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I posted a cool Q4 video in Lowtax's thread about whatever sarcastic gamer culture joke he was making but I forgot which thread that was.

we hijacked a thread because i was respecting fatal1tys gaming legacy

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

im slowly more and more tempted to get this, but itll be my first pc fps siiiince... tribes

:gonk:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

congrats on committing to the best shooter ever

im sure hes already played quake by now

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

I've never played quake.

:whitewater:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

In Training swooning over it is making me interested to try it though. So suck off

blow my rear end

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i dont understand that clip. it just looks like a heap of visual noise

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i saw the start of a pro game on twitch once and it was impossible to tell what was going on at all times

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have mvc on dreamcast and i dont even understand it while playing it

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think cs and quake 3 are easy to watch and follow but you still need an understanding of the game for it to be enjoyable

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I just queued with a guy who got on the mic and said Alright I'm about to rip on this fat bong. You ready? Time it bitches. and then he ripped on his bong for the entirety of the setup time and then at the end was just like Pssh... and ripped again for a few seconds. Needless to say, we won.

win

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i played some more comp and really about 70% of the time you get a team that listens and is willing to switch up strats and heroes.

thats more important 2 me than actually winning, its frustrating when theres a rein doing nothing at all and he wont switch because holding rmb is all he knows but you dont run into that guy all the time.

when i run into guys like that and were sucking ill just switch. even if im doing all the damage and carrying hard ill go winston or some poo poo and the shake-up alone will move the match

thus game sounds loving gay

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

theyre the same people that play counterstrike mm like theyll gety a phone call from a pro team asking them to join when they get to global

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

There's probably ESEA and just regular Community Servers for that but ESEA is for if your a god at the game. I haven't played CS in a long time though. When I first played it I was surprising myself with how quickly I was getting ranks and people were telling me I was epic so I signed up to ESEA for a month to see how awesome I really was and it completely destroyed my soul within the first 2 hours lmfao.

faceit has more noobs

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Yeah I figured at the time that I would just stick to the game's matchmaking until I got really good at that because when I played in a few ESEA games I felt like they weren't even the top level and I couldn't comprehend the pwnage. I had only played the game for a couple months or so and before that my only CS experience was a 24/7 Office 32p server in Source when I was 14 or something.

the best part of easea is when your good you get to be the person destroying the gold nova retard who was convinced they were epic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

once i had a guy on our team who force bought every round and at like round 4 we told him to stop and he smugly said it works for him and he still wins every game and he finished the match 1-27

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao at faggots developing effective strats for wins and having maps literally down to science when they're playing for huge piles of cash

i do this naturally for no money because i suffer from extreme gamer perfectionism

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[calmly watching blizzard release games like wow and starcraft 2 then patch them in the most retarded ways possible over the past 15 years] overwatch is made and supported by blizzard designed around comprtetive play so what could go wrong?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao you played WoW & SC2

i didnt actyally, i say that more in the passionless observer voice.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

blizzard of aids

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

A lot of the matchups are boring in that. If there was more to playing the map it would be a lot cooler.

im assuming its like 1v1 clan arena except with dumbass overwatch heroes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

epic blizzard have done it again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

remembering the time i was playing comp w/ some buddies and one of them goes "we got travon martin on the point," i look and its winston and we threw the round cause we were all cracking up

win

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

He's a Chill Overwatch streamer. I never watched him though but people say he's good and funny and whatever.

a stream you haven't seen?? :confused:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I agree because I used to watch him every day. When I start seeing through people trying to get all conventionally professional it just reminds me of work and I hate it.

i promise when i make it big streaming ill keep the casual fun atmosphere you desire

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Xiaoxiao. All Your Base. The Ate My Balls Webring. Megatokyo. Pico's School. Alien Hominid. Hampster Dance. G.I. Joe. AlbinoBlackSheep flashes.

we didnt start the fire..

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I remember being really into Pube Muppet and StrawberryClock poo poo in the same way some people are into crappy local punk bands. :smugbird:

and now its streamers

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

the origin edition is also 30 bucks, 10 bucks cheaper than the base game atm

[speaking in the unique stilted monotone voice of someone who has been released from a fema camp] sign me up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

metal man beats wood man

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

satsui no thankyou posted:

hows cs these days. lol

my computer hard drive has been broken for months

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

problem with votekick is the exact situation i saw today, where its a 3-squad of guys being dicks so any vote out of 6 to try and kick them will fail. think the game should just detect when someone is making no effort whatsoever and that would be pretty simple to do when you earn points for doing p. much anything at all

in cs it has to be unanimous

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Other than watching low rank not very popular people trying to get better at the game, and cooller, I think my favorite, is Tim the Tat Man.

hes famous for playing csgo with hiko

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I don't know who that is but Tim the Tat Man is fairly epic.

hiko is one of americas more successful players and him and tim just spend entire streams trolling each other in mm

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://youtu.be/hRU_Q_HfvNg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Also for working on tracking people and stuff I don't know, you could try instagib and clan arena with lg in Quake in your off time. Lol. I have had above average aim since I started playing PC shooters in like 2008 so I'm not sure how much is just natural and how much you can train. Obviously it must be possible to practice and improve though, but I never did anything except just keep playing shooters.

ive been playing fps games with m&kb for 20 years so i get extremely agitated when people can't aim at a competent level

• Locked thread