Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think most people with bad tracking aim just have a sensitivity that is way too high and games like this and quake only help confuse that point for new players because you also need to turn around a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

when i was unemployed playing quake 16 hours a day i spent a few hours making the perfect custom mouse acceleration curve

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I don't know where the name came from but I first heard it in either QL or CSGO, I don't remember.

i think warcraft3

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I looked it up and apparently Smurfing is another way to say Laundering money and at some point it was adopted into gamer slang for basically cheating the system in a similar way. The more you know.

this is the story i had heard but i got got confused, it was warcraft 2 http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/17209/where-does-the-term-smurfing-come-from

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hes the smartest man in the world

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I'll see the switch when it comes out.

you were a translator for the conference

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol at the owns

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

You're still talking about the turd lol

yeah.. its called overwatch

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

i have never played any version of quake. unless you count half-life i guess.

:eng99:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

You're actually not supposed to jump since it moves your character in a predictable arc. I just move erratically and I almost never get hit

this, talk about some freakin noob movement from bob3

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I've been playing Quake Live recently and jumping constantly and dying a lot to the 30 people who have been playing Quake III for 5 hours a day since 1999 so maybe jumping isn't always the right choice

you stay on the floor and move erratically, only jump to move around quickly and get over gaps obviosuly

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

And in Quake, yea, someone who sees you jumping is going to shoot a rocket under you and then lightning gun or rail you or air rocket you to death every time, as I'm sure you've found out.

thats a goomba stomp

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im seriously thinking of rocket rail combos in my head and getting excited

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heres another quake goomba stomp, catching someone in the air with the lightning gun

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

You should play QL with me then because it happens to me a lot

i would have 300 ping and it wouldnt feel as good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

maybe when i finally fix my pc ill do insane overseas duels with imp zone players since the handicap will probably even out the games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

The Quake Live voice chat is 100% completely insane in every server I join.

lol, ive never heard voice chat because everyone here has been playing for so long even when you join a server now every game is played in complete silence except for a few chat binds

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Born out of hunger, my first trip to Subway in 30 years [LUNCH DAY HYPE]

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its from my buzzfeed article

• Locked thread