Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Me 2007: drat, this video game looks like it has fun gameplay, I think ill get this!

Me 2016: [watching pre rendered trailer footage] OMG dat rear end doe! :xd: That character looks Waifu as gently caress LOL! Day one preorder for sure.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

net cafe scandal posted:

Most of the backstories in this game are exactly the kind of poo poo you'd find lurking around in a Rob Liefeld or Todd McFarlane illustrated comic book in the 90s. It's a very self-aware kind of camp, which I enjoy.

It's also bucking the trend of every piece of media in this, our post-9/11 America, being some grimdark antihero nonsense. When was the last time you saw a genuinely positive character like Tracer as the face of something?

Thought this said Seth MacFarlane and got interested for a bit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Black Baby Goku posted:

Corporate Marketing Strategy Brand Product Mass Appeal HYYYYPPPPPEEE!

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The only thing more epic than a brand is when I can send an IM to one and it answers me back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Black Baby Goku posted:

My sons, Product and Brand

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bill Barber posted:

Exactly. Cash in now while you can and then ditch it. That's what I'm doing anyway. Already part of a partnered twitch network and am working the 4am-1pm shift for the next 2 weeks straight.

I like to play video games for fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

It's extremely good poo poo when this is the entire joke of a post, repeated ad naseum for 5 years.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Benny D posted:

Now I know how Huey felt when everyone around him went mad

Haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The trial scene from MGSV but it's all the soldiers screaming and losing their minds while Kaz pries open a loot crate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lmfao loving this whole ironically into Overwatch thing guys, imagine ACTUALLY playing this garbage lmbo

I look forward to quoting this again in 6 months and 20 pages

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
:potg: good poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
:darksouls:
:potg:
:bloodborne:
:perfect:

love this style of emote where it's just a line from a piece of media in a black square

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Splatoon also launched without issues, that was another one that impressed me in recent years. Most multiplayer stuff is just busted on day 1 though just because of volume

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
YobGoblin ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I have to admit I am hopelessly, positively, head-over-heels in love with this game. I mean, not so much the game itself (I hardly ever get kills actually lol), but moreso the beautiful women that are in it.

Seriously, after a long day at work it's great to come home and play some OW. Just seeing Tracer's smile and hearing her say "Calvalrys 'ere, love!" in her cutiepie accent genuinely melts my heart and all feels right in the world. (Seriously. I love her. She is Waifu for lawful! :xd: Lol.)

But seriously. This game is GOTY '16, and quite possibly 2017, as well. If the promising looking season pass that I bought is any indication. If you're on the fence and still haven't bought this yet, you are missing the gently caress out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I'm interested in placing an order for a custom Overwatch Loot Crate Amiibo. PM if you have the means.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Fantastic reporting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
*sigh* I remember when video games were so badass that you wanted to be that loving character. Now it's about wanting to be loving that character.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Alright, Overwatch is ok with me now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Larry ate one cake and hosed the other.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bill Barber posted:

Snake hosed EVA at the end of MGS3.

He was big boss at that point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Big Boss had sex with EVA, Paz, Kaz and probably Ocelot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
If you don't take out the transmitter they do a Austin Powers style shadow gag where it looks like they're banging so I'll count it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Overbotch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
You could probably trace the Borderlands, Destiny and Division's of the world back to Diablo II as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
And the fact that DOTA is a WC3 mod.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Introducing the Frostdoge Clan.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Aye, sadly she's a bit misunderstood. In reality, Tracer has made me change my views and learn to love and appreciate women again, not objectify them.

I actually wrote an performed an unplugged acoustic song that serves as a parable about the whole affair entitled 'Oh, Lord, Please Dont Let Tracer Be Misunderstood' a side project from my main nerd rock acapella group: The Eight Bits at the local Gamestop last Friday night. I swear to you, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. The place was packed (though admittedly there WAS an Amiibo release happening as well that night. Still, I got a LOT of cheers and more than mario-style 'wahoos', a sort of ultimate seal of approval in the world of the Brooklyn gaming scene.)

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It was too big for an av so the guy cheated and put an image link in the text portion to finish the photo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
We are in Year 4 of people saying the Xbox Onehas the wrong kind of RAM.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
yeah but it is a multiplayer online battle arena

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kazvall posted:

Ah. So, CS is a moba?

Yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

mysterious loyall X posted:

listen up. every game blizzard has made is objectively bad, and they single handedly ruined gmaming, and all of them are mobsas

Rock and Roll racing is kinda cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
what does Activision even do anymore other than COD. do they develop anything else

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

they own toysforbob who will never make a real star control game ever again becasue they make a billion dollars a year from skylanders fuuuuuuuu

ooo yeah they make skylanders. What a weird portfolio

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
They're making the Crash Bandicoot remasters, as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

mk64 was bad. real bad. i can't believe how bad it was. wow. such bad.

Yeah Mortal Kombat 64 did suck.

• Locked thread