Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only way to get better at multiplayer games is to lose, and 90% of gamers don't like this which is why they play team games an shift the blame of loss to other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

its why6 i loved dueling in quake. it proved 90% of the time i did lose because of my lovely team mates in other games

its why i only play 1v1 games unless its COD because COD is dumb anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this game sounds like an incredible dose of aids injected directly into the bloodstream

I picked up quake in the steam sale and while the single player is just ok (it's so drat brown) I bet the multi is fun. We should get an Imp game going sometime

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

quakeworld? ill play that with you even though ill have like 100000 ping

no like quake 1 lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big news everybody: matchmaking is getting added to TF2!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would probably reinstall it if the ranked mode had no loadouts/loot crate junk and it was OG TF2 CTF.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to gas this thread because I don't like this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

have you played it

No

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mad? That this game is dogshit and you've played it for 100 hours due to debilitating gamer sickness?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Really not digging the new competitive mode they've added. Overwatch has been an amazing experience so far (i say experience over 'game' because its more than just a 'game') and the though ot if degrading into yet another dudebro COD-esque "git gud" simulator makes me worry. I love that when I pick this game up no matter what win lose or lose I always end up with more XP, or some kind of loot crate or trophy just for participating. The thought of losing that makes me super uncomfy.

Regardless, even if the community does go to shite I'm in the process of a coding a total conversion mod called Underwatch which is more story based and mixed with the universe from my other favourite game. Here's hoping things dont get too aggro.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is now the Quake 1 megathread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think anybody is going to miss the Overwatch Megathread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[in a cmpletely bitchmade voice, aka my own] I changed the thread title back but I still dont like Overwatch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Change the thread tag back

What was it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So who else is excited for Paragon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Anyone up for some puff puff pass n' play O-Watch? (Smoke big time weed for a few hours whilst playing some ranked Overwatch on Xbox Uno baby... Talking about blowing big clouds and passing blunts around left and right, discussing the lore, running some characters to see whom has special dialogue with whom, maybe put on an impromptu Weed-Fueled 420 ArtJam and express our love of the game with some fan art, just have a hell of a time. Hit me up on the Uno at gamer tag xGreenLeafs91.)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:dva: <--- goons FTW

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Typical Sniper Picker: You can't expect me to hit a moving target.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think th difference is that Overwatch is a slot machine and you can get duplicates that just delete themselves or whatever. At least when you sub for wow you know what you're getting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My friend has a pair of earbuds and hes been sandbagging them for years as they value kept inflating but apparently last year someone learned how to dupe them so theyre valueless now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

TFW i purposefully made TF2 look like a 3DO game to get 120+FPS.

Love doing this. I wish more console games had the toggle that let you make it 60fps and turn off some textures. it looks like Ni-Oh is doing this and some ps one games had that feature.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It looks awesome to do that in Quake.

I seen some footage of pro quake players and theyre looking at a game of nothing but lines and cubes, its completely insane.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think its still pretty casual friendly because it was free for a long time (maybe still is? idk)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was Quake 4 bad. I never see anybody talk about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Uhhh, why.

Because it's high noon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somethig like 98% of my TF2 playtime is Scout.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I live for double jumps and the scout double jump is muy excellente.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And that the other team was wall hacking

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sombra de Amigo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Oh awesome... Computer--[Desk turns into the bat cave and my computer says Already done, Sir Edwin III] [500 screens with scrolling math equations and digital clocks surround me and my face peels back to reveal a Neil DeGrasse Tyson cyborg face with glowing blue eyes and mustache plate] Time to get muh stealthmans on.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its also gonna have a free weekend next weekend on PS4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol alright BRB watching this 10 minute video Plutonis linked that says cancer in it

Haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Lol what are you retarded?? oh poo poo what if he is retarded

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks for the tumblr webcomics.

In Training