Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Not gonna lie lads, before this game came out I was in a pretty bad way. I was a pretty lonely guy. (I'm a 29 year old virgin and had a HUGE chip on my ahoulder about it, and sex/women in general.) I never dated, stayed in most nights, and was really starting to get cynical about love and whatnot. I was reading red pill subreddits on the daily, and becoming pretty bitter when it came to the concept of love and companionship. "True companionship is not real, its a media creation", "Women will just take your money and leave you", "Love is just an emotional reaction to chemicals, like chocolate. Find a new bar" etc. etc. But when I first popped in Overwatch to my Xbone, EVERYTHING changed.

Tracer, for all intensive purposes, healed my soul. I had been out in the cold for a long, long time when it came to love. But then this girl, this woman appeared before my eyes. She was gentle and sweet, with an adorablely chipper attitude and accent, and I melted like butter. She showed me that true love is possible. A lot of healing began that day, and by the end I sat in front of my 50' tv in my mancave, balling my eyes out. I will forever be indebted to Blizzard for showing me that true love WAS still possible. And I will always praise this game because of that, opinions be damned. This game is special to me. Not for it's fun factor (which is enormous), but because it truly made me want to live again.

I hated Tracer and her stupid fail accent for a long time until I killed a Reaper as her, and she made fun of his Uber EdgeLordy-ness, and now, I'm in love with her as well. Cheers fellow TracerBro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was playing this a few minutes ago and "Tracer, for all intensive purposes, healed my soul" was going through my head the entire time. Le most pure Winsauce.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

overtime should really just burn out after a while. the enemy team can just keep tapping the point/cart one-by-one and keep it going forever and its dumb as gently caress lol

Stop them then, little pussy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Motherfucking Hash Tag Winning.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

why would someone play an fps on a console?

Some people have things called Friends that they like to chill with on the couch and just shoot the poo poo and game like bau5es. Crack open a cold beer and pass the controller around to your friends, you know. Oh wait... You wouldn't since your too busy looking up the prices of what GPU you have to buy every 2 weeks on arstechnica.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyone up for some puff puff pass n' play O-Watch? (Smoke big time weed for a few hours whilst playing some ranked Overwatch on Xbox Uno baby... Talking about blowing big clouds and passing blunts around left and right, discussing the lore, running some characters to see whom has special dialogue with whom, maybe put on an impromptu Weed-Fueled 420 ArtJam and express our love of the game with some fan art, just have a hell of a time. Hit me up on the Uno at gamer tag xGreenLeafs91.)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

has anyone else experienced times where theyve suddenly started uncontrollable weeping out of joy when playing this game? I dont know...I'm just so....happy that this game exists. The amazing gameplay, the girls, the amount of good this game has done for the games industry in general... i dont know...i just know everytime i pick up this game my hands are soaked from joyful tears.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

D.Va is out of control, in my opinion...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Wisdom. Overwatch is literally without hyperbole the greatest game ever made. If anything, my only complaint would be how much free time this game has sucked off from me. But its literally worth it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've been ridin the Hog a lot lately... Roadhog's voice line where he does a huge wheezy big boy laugh healed my soul.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think they got the wrong idea about making her better at healing, frankly. The reason people don't heal a lot as her is at least half because of how good at combat she is and it's easier to use her sleep as a better mccree flashbang and the heal grenade for saving yourself instead of the team while you play like a selfish sniper rear end in a top hat building the ultimant. Making her weapon better is just gonna make that worse probably. The other characters it's hard to play wrong in a way that's as detrimental as playing Ana wrong.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cuz it's not like Lucio or Zenyatta where your ability to fight doesn't interfere with your ability to support, or Mercy where you have no way to stay alive in a fight unless you're keeping your team alive. But Ana it's often too good to save a 5 second flashbang at any range or a grenade that gives you all your own HP back and makes you a tank for 2 seconds when you could be using it on your team instead, IMO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is it fascism yet posted:

i think the idea behind ana is that lovely sniper pickers can be useful for the team. idk if it works

I doubt it, personally.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Larry: Why do they call her Tracer when bitch doesn't even draw? Game is retarded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you can't aim at jumping people just keep playing Ana until you get ranked in the 30s or whatever where no one even knows there's a jump button and they're all playing on Xbox controllers. Then it'll be smooth sailing my man. lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think Bob just has brain damage and some form of Stockholm's Syndrome from playing this too much.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only cool new skins is for Zarya.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lowtax posted:

does anybody give a poo poo about the "lore" in the game? why did they bother even trying to make a storyline or plot

Is this even a real question.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I find it fairly easy to bait the hook out of roadhog though I still get got sometimes cuz it's a sweet hook. I like playing the hog but I think he's not that good right now...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hog kind of has to rely on either being insanely good or just really lucky to hit a tracer so I usually take the odds unless they keep taking me down, since you shred his gigantic headbox.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm deece at him I just think right now DVa is usually a better pick and you almost always have a reinhart. Though Roadhog might be better than Reinhart on KOTH maps.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wish at least on quickplay you could join like playlist things where you only get KOTH or payload or whatever. KOTH is win.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Still think Zarya or D.va are better picks most of the time. He's good still but not on as many maps as he used to since they made Dva more usable, imo...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That feel when you hook Pharah out of her ult and send 5000 shards of metal through her skull.

http://i.imgur.com/SUZIi4S.mp4

Just hooking pharah at all is the bee's knees... But agreed. Rest in peace Paul Bearer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

hog counters virtually everything and if you miss with the hook you probably have a brain disease because it's such a bullshit hitbox lol

even the classes that counter him (pharrah, snipers, etc.) die in one hit to that stupid thing and every other tank can't fight him 1v1

I think the hook is kinda like Bastion where at first people weren't sure how to handle it so they thought it was broken and as you play more you get more of a sense of dealing with it. It's still bizarre the kinds of things that get hooked sometimes which might be up to the netcode or whatever too but I don't feel like it's that crazy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Best Hog feels:

1. Hooking a Lucio off of a wallride
2. Hooking a Bastion out of sentry mode
3. Hooking a Reaper out of ult

What about doing a 180 and hooking a genji. KreyGasm

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

"If you hit it just right" is a bigger ask than your making it sound though since it's a projectile and has an extremely specific range...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wow, just looked up Bob's hook accuracy and it's 42% and he's only played Hog for 24 minutes... You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hogs real strength is having 2 ways to deny enemy ultimates. Hook, obviously, and his ult can disrupt aiming. His heal is insane too and charges his ult like madd

His drinking the juice animation makes me insanely thirsty every time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You can be a complete badass as hog IMO... Give him another shot. Maybe you build the ults but so does any tank, but Hog can hook people out of ults.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My hook accuracy is like 42 as well I think but you can't talk poo poo about people missing hooks if you ain't above average at it yourself... It's just gamer etiquette.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell the whole point of being a tank in the game is people have to hit you or else the whole team is going to get hosed up really soon. Maybe you weren't in the right mentality when you played him.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He's a Junkrat main I believe and only played Hanzo once, to be fair...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The people who got into TF2 got epically into it. I've seen people in like the new competitive matchmaking thing they have saying that if you don't have at least 1.5K hours in TF2 you should be shot in the head if you try to do the competitive matchmaking lmao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frankly I think if you didn't get good enough to do something in 100 hours of playing a game the next 1400 isn't going to change how you play even close to as significantly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thought the eSports side of tf2 was crazy. There's no one more obnoxious about their game than a Competitive TF2 Player no matter what their skill level but the actual eSports of the game was so tiny and obscure even compared to a dead game like Quake lmao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well there's always room for improvement but the rate you improve approaches a steep plateau unless you make practicing the game your full time job. But yea.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Or it curves sharply to a plateau or however you say it. Most people can't commit to being epic at poo poo so they plateau in 50 hours and just play thousands more essentially as well as they ever will... Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3y9llDXuM

• Locked thread