Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mercy Torb and Symmetra is the unholy trinity of Tedious AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Playing drunk controller elo is fun because no one knows the Meata and the people who do everyone else just laughs at them and tells them to shut the gently caress up poindexter lmfao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

i think the idea is that you have to win a team fight to cap the flag, like with capturing a point in other maps? (unless the enemy team is incompetent and lets you sneak their flag out)

seems built for stalls, like all ctf modes ever made.

Quake, my bro.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Having stuff to contest besides a flag and "positioning" shockingly makes a game more active-feeling. Incredible!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I don't mean positioning isn't important but what positions besides the middle of a map and the flag room would ever be contested without power ups and health and what have you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wildly enough the middle of the map in OW ctf is rarely even a "position" outside of the beginning of the round because of the circumstances required to even pick up the flag. And the flow is so wrong for the mode that if you pick up the flag it might as well automatically give you the cap as well. Another stupidly imagined arcade mode from the twisted minds at blizzard.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey what do you think of the Hog changes by the way. Or is the patch not out on 'soles yet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The whole hook fiasco. I dunno I haven't tried him since it updated and I'm not really used to him anyway. Wanted to hear the thoughts from a Hog Main if it's as bad as it looked at first.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i thought they were not pushing those out tho? (sounds like i'm talking about a dank rear end turd lmao)

It's out right now. I don't know exactly what form it takes since I haven't tried it yet though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

You're still talking about the turd lol

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Born out of love, my first fap in over 30 minutes [D.VA HYPE]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's not Dedicated servers IIRC, it's just you can look at custom games people are running.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

i tried gettng into Quake after I read Masters of Doom this year but its just so....outdated. And..... not Overwatch-y enough. If that's even literally a thing.

Seriously, where are the waifus? Where are the trophies/loot crates just for participating? Game is trash for casuals, gently caress Quake.

Ever heard of Mynx, Hunter, Crash, Lucy if that's your flavor, or the many other waifus of Quake?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If the widowmaker has just shot I would say, sometimes jumping is alright since it might throw her off in the bit of time between her shooting and charging the shot again. Usually I would suggest only jumping if someone is a soldier up close or a tracer or someone who wants to be tracking your head, just so they don't hit your head as much and not because it makes you harder to hit necessarily.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's one of those things where someday someone will learn when you are going to jump and where and they're gonna predict it. Like against people in Counterstrike who always jump after they shoot their awp. Well someone's gonna get wise to that eventually and kill you with a headshot in the air and your gonna be sad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And in Quake, yea, someone who sees you jumping is going to shoot a rocket under you and then lightning gun or rail you or air rocket you to death every time, as I'm sure you've found out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

my brother was standing still to shoot like it was CS, i meant move/jump around. also, hes playing against other people in the moron tier who dont know how to aim for jumping characters so it wouldve been good advice either way.

It's a bad habit though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I agree with Six-Of-Hearts on all counts.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Born out of hunger, my first trip to Subway in 30 years [LUNCH DAY HYPE]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

We want to make the situation yet unbelievaBLTY ANNOYING sutpdi rear end bullsbnit chjaracters who are badly designed,very powerful so we put 5000000 points of EWpic win into trhe characrwer so yo8iu can be an annoying Queer wjo;e ypur being a giant quieeer lmfao -- Xzibit (actual quote)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2czPfFe3-U&t=1431s :<FAP Ficl ypu B;liozzard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/HealthyDiligentStinkbugBigBrother

• Locked thread